newbie with a Katrina proven 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Great forum, wished I would have found it a long time ago, i've learned alot lurking and reading the FAQ. Mine '99 has proven itself many times in the aftermath of Katrina here on the Gulf coast. I've pulled vehicles out of ditches with ease with the diff lock, some I never thought I could budge, not to mention having to tow a trailer with 2 pallets of shingles that was probably 8000 lbs or more. Not something i'd normally do, but the cruiser did it without complaint or drama. Quite a few down here who don't think a L/C is so fluffy anymore.

Mine is all stock with 102K, so time for the belt and starter routine, which I had planned to do, but the dealer game me a reasonable quote today so may go that route. Bought it with 47K on the odo and its the best vehicle by far ive owned. Far superior to the GMC z71 I sold or my wifes X5 4.4 (though not as fast!)

I am installing the 06 Toyota Nav system (camry) next week, with xm and backup camera add ons, tired of getting in and out to hitch the tandem axle trailer i've had to tow almost daily. I can share what I run into installing that if anyone is interested, I will be adapting the nav to the factory 99 non-JBL amp, so it should be a challenge. anyway i'll try to avoid stupid questions and learn from you guys...

Welcome!

and yes, please, do document the Nav mod...

Welcome to the board! Sounds like a big undertaking with the NAV and yes we would love to have all the details on it! :D

You experience and pleasure with your 99 pretty much echos my sentiments. Its been the best car i've own too.
Its only my 3rd vehicle, ever.
I've told my wife , "I'll always have a cruiser":)

Oh yeah , welcome!:cheers:

welcome! and please do document the NAV. It might be my next mod on my '00.

Welcome. Glad the 100 served you right when you needed it. Take alot of pics of the NAV mod, your fellow MUDHEADS will appreciate it

Will do, I've been held up waiting for the 20 pin connector (2000 and up toyota) from metra to come in, I needed it to rewire the harness from the stock head unit, which was only a 15 pin. I have the GPS antenna, and the other connectors I need, still also waiting on the eclipse backup camera too.

That and I need to make sure I know where the VSS lead is from the ECM, I'm going to see if the dealer will print me a ecm pinout when I pick up my cruiser tomorrow from its timing belt replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom