Newbie Search Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 96-97 LC and I'm wondering how everyone checks
out vehicles that are out of state. I'm in MA, but I'm also looking all
over the US and I've found 3 that I'd like to look at.
Other than a CarFax report and some digital pix, what are some good ways of weeding out the weak mechanically/visually without getting on a plane to check out each one. (once I pick one, that's what I will be doing!!)

Any advice/experience appreciated.

hello, welcome to the forum!

well, you could always have an independent inspector check the rig out, with a specific list of itmes to inspect, based on what you read here.
Or you could hope to find a nice forum member living nearby who would be willing to go look at it.

If you find one around the Sacramento, CA area, I'll take a quick look for you.

-- is that what you meant Eric? :D

Good luck with your search.

e9999 wrote:
well, you could always have an independent inspector check the rig out, with a specific list of itmes to inspect, based on what you read here.
Or you could hope to find a nice forum member living nearby who would be willing to go look at it.

Thanks for the welcome!

How do you find a good independent inspector!!??
Anyone ever used Carfax's Mechanical Check?

Any forum members in MN?

where in MN?

There are forum members worldwide...narrow down where in MN and I'll betcha we find someone...

Nope nobody in MN sorry. :D

J/K................................ :D

Welcome :flipoff2:

Woody's right we got fruit loops worldwide that hang here.

Fruitloops in MN

woody wrote: where in MN?

The truck is in Rochester, MN
If anyone is willing to give it a once over for me, that would be swell!!

Rochester...is it at the Toyota dealership, white one? My dad popped a pile of pics of that one for me, no lockers and too many miles...it's been on their lot for 6+ months....

woody said:
Rochester...is it at the Toyota dealership, white one? My dad popped a pile of pics of that one for me, no lockers and too many miles...it's been on their lot for 6+ months....

The amount of readily available information (i.e. :rolleyes: ) on this forum sometimes

has a shock and awe feeling to it. :D As well as scary. :eek:

The amount of info on this site shocks me too ;))
This particular LC is a 97 at a used car dealer in Rochester MN
It's green with 154,000 miles. Your Dad is more than welcome to take some picks of that one for me!!

DaveyBoy said:
The amount of info on this site shocks me too ;))
This particular LC is a 97 at a used car dealer in Rochester MN
It's green with 154,000 miles. Your Dad is more than welcome to take some picks of that one for me!!

Dad is in Missouri, and has been for over a month...and I'm unsure when he'll be returning..

post a "help in Roch MN" thread in ChitChat....someone from that area will be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom