newbie questions

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by HOJU, Jul 15, 2005.

1. HOJU

HOJU

Hello, within the year I'll be buying a 1993 FJZ80 from my brother-in-law. right now it's got 212k miles. I know it's a toyota and it's just broken in, but I've thought about this for a while and have decided that I can either, rebuild/cleanup the stock inline 6, and add the TRD supercharger. (I've got a 1996 4runner with 35's and stuff, I've been pleased with my S/C so I know it would be great for the Cruiser) Then I've also wondered about a V8 swap, chevy, ford, Toyota Iforce V8. I thought I'd ask you guys to see what your thoughts are. Do you think a stock drivetrain could hold hold up with the power of a V8, 300hp+? obviously I'd make sure the tranny would be in tip top shape. Do any of you have any experiences with a V8 swapinto a FZJ80? if so do you have any engine recommendations, ford vs. chevy, etc... does anybody make a bellhousing for this??

eventually my plans would include your 6" lift kit, 37's, bumpers, aux tank, gearing, etc... I tow sleds in the wintertime and also go off into the mountains frequently.

I'd appreciate any advise or info that you could give me-

2. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

3. HOJU

HOJU

has anybody done a V8 swap?

4. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.