Newbie gets it started with overland build! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! Just dropping in to say hello as I am the new owner of a 2014 Gx460 premium in knights armor pearl. Bone stock except for the MTS and Crawl control I added yesterday.
I have on order a Dobinsons IMS kit from Exit Off Road, a set of JW rock rails in the raw, a full set of Budbuilt skids in raw steel with diff protection, a Prinsu Roof Rack from CBI, and 5 17x8 2021 Trd style wheels with +5 offset in matte black from OE style wheels (arriving today🙂).
Still debating which tires to go with. Pretty set on tire size at 265/70 so as to fit in the spare spot. Maybe I will go up in size after this first set and get a spare tire carrier in a couple years or so.
All the info that is housed in this place has been super helpful and I am happy to be a part of the community.
Coming from the Jeep WK2, I am already super impressed with the Lexus and can’t wait to get it set up to test its off-road chops.
Holdovers from my WK2 that will be going on the GX build are my 270 awning and Ikamper Skycamp 2.0.
I am located in Tucson AZ and am an avid musician, dirt biker(enduro), home garage monkey, outdoorsman, and coffee lover. We have some great breweries in town that keep me motivated too!
Thanks for reading me intro and more to come as parts arrive! (With Pics to prove it😀)
Max

6BAA84FE-4F5F-4CBF-A002-3064B79032C3.jpeg

Great start! Looking forward to your post build pic's!

Welcome. Why the move to GX from WK2?
WK2 was very comfy and decently capable, but, was honestly, at only 60k miles, starting to feel like a ticking time bomb for major repairs. Plastics cracking, engine mounts going out, jumpy transmission when cold, steering rack, etc, etc. not to mention the quadralift system, which luckily never gave me a problem, but can be an easy 4 grand bill.
But mainly I moved to the GX cause the GX is Awesome! Made in Japan, land cruiser in Lexus clothing, Toyota goodness! 🙂

WK2 was very comfy and decently capable, but, was honestly, at only 60k miles, starting to feel like a ticking time bomb for major repairs. Plastics cracking, engine mounts going out, jumpy transmission when cold, steering rack, etc, etc. not to mention the quadralift system, which luckily never gave me a problem, but can be an easy 4 grand bill.
But mainly I moved to the GX cause the GX is Awesome! Made in Japan, land cruiser in Lexus clothing, Toyota goodness! 🙂
Seems to be a common affair and reflects why I sold a 2014 Challenger R/T after just 50k miles. Welcome to the world of reliability!

The best part of GX ownership is trolling your Jeep friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom