newbie...also looking for a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. My name is Martin Millette. I am interested in becoming a CLC member. I sent an email to the info email I found this morning. I wasn't sure how to pay dues so I was waiting on a response. I have been reading the forum for the past 2 weeks or so trying ti figure out what to look for in a used LC/LX. I have learned a lot, but still have a good ways to go. I live in the Belhaven area just down the street from Spivey.

I don't currently have a LC but am in the market for a 99-03 LC/LX (depending on mileage and condition). I thought this would be a good place to start. If you know of anyone who is looking to sell one, please keep me in mind.

Looking forward to meeting some of the CLC members.

Martin

Hey Martin, I'm in the 'hood too. I'll see what I can find.

PM me your e-mail address and I will add you to the e-mail list. You will recieve e-mail notification when the club is meeting and other special events. The best way to join the club is come to a meeting. We do have a thread at the top of our clubhouse that says "join CLC by paypal" if you would prefer that option. We will be going to Superlift ORV park on the 8th of Oct for CottonLand Cruisers 5th annual Southern Cruiser Crawl. If you want to start your membership off with a bang then come on up and hang with us for the weekend. BTW, we don't check the info e-mail much.

another 100!

Welcome. Great ready to have fun, meet some great people and spend some cash on your soon to be purchased 100.

See you soon!

Welcome !

If you want come talk to us before you buy to find out more about Landcruisers and other 4x4s feel free to come hang out with us. We have a wealth of Knowlege in our group on pretty much most 4x4s especially Landcruisers. Our group has owned or still own 4runners, minis, 40,60,80 100 and 200 series style landcruisers.

Welcome Martin, I am another 100 owner. Not an official member of CLC yet. Gonna pay my first dues at the Cruiser Crawl (do yall take beer or whiskey). I have my OME lift sitting in garage and hopefully going to start the install tomorrow. I have also recently added sliders and Toyo AT tires. If I see something in Memphis I will let you know.

Thanks for the heads up for the 2 LCs for sale in Memphis. I contacted the guy about the 2004. Waiting on his reply. I see you have 170K miles on yours. I was hoping to find something with less than 130K or so. Do you personally know either of the people selling or the trucks themselves? I would feel better purchasing a higher mileage LC if I knew some of the history. Thanks again.

Don't know much about 100's but the 04 looks like a deal.

I was thinking the same thing. Surely that has to be a mistake though. I would think he meant for it to be 21596 and not 12596....waiting on his reply though.

I have found that most too good to be true deals on craigslist are scams. Also if there is no number just email it tends to be a scam. The other one might be over priced. I had my 100 for sale in the spring and was asking 12000 and was offered 11500 by someone with a middle eastern accent wanting to ship it over seas. I just could not part with it.

Let me know if I can help. I might be able to check em out on Sat. By the way I do not know either sellers.

Unless I am completely blind, homey in Memphis didn't list his miles. The truck looks great though.

If it odes turn out to be a good deal, I may take you up on the offer to check them out. I can drive up to Memphis, but would like to know I am more than likely gonna get it first. Do you have a shop that you trust to look over one if it comes to that?

As far as the mileage goes, the 04 said t had the remainder of the 100K warranty, so I would assume it has less than 100K on it.

Thanks for all the greetings. Memcruiser, can you recommend a reputable shop in the memphis area I can use to have an pre-purchase inspection done? If all goes well, I am going to try to buy the 04 LC. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. My name is Martin Millette. I am interested in becoming a CLC member. I sent an email to the info email I found this morning. I wasn't sure how to pay dues so I was waiting on a response. I have been reading the forum for the past 2 weeks or so trying ti figure out what to look for in a used LC/LX. I have learned a lot, but still have a good ways to go. I live in the Belhaven area just down the street from Spivey.

I don't currently have a LC but am in the market for a 99-03 LC/LX (depending on mileage and condition). I thought this would be a good place to start. If you know of anyone who is looking to sell one, please keep me in mind.

Looking forward to meeting some of the CLC members.

Martin

Hey Martin!

Didn't I sell you a boat? You definitely need to get into a cruiser. This group is great, seriously. I don't think about moving from Jackson much but when I think of living there, I think of the club and how I wish I had gotten to know everyone better. I sold my 60 several months back to WNGrog there (see the blue 60 in his avatar?) and really miss it. I am going to get an 80 or 100 in the next few months myself (working on getting another one from my bro in Colorado) and am committed to doing an event. Heading to Jackson tonight with Carrie for a quick overnight trip- call me if you are out and about.

-BM

Hey Ben,

Yeah you did sell me a boat this past year. Thanks again. Really enjoyed using it this summer. Didn't get this message till this morning or I would have given you a call. Looking forward to joining the LC following. Been looking for one from Austin to Charlotte. Looking through Ebay, Craigslist, Autotrader and Cars.com. Hopefully one will pop up soon. Give me a shout the next time you are up this way.

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom