Newb Question: Can I install OME shocks before full Slee upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes you can install just the OME shocks with everything else stock. Just call up Slee and order the OME shocks from that suspension kit. They sale each kit component separately and better to support Slee than someone on eBay.

I literally just finished installing the rear shocks and Slee heavy springs about 20m ago. You can do shocks anytime.

Christo (Slee) will beat that eBay price by a little. All 4 cost me $444.00. Shipping might be the thing that makes the difference though. Ditto better to support Slee (who supports IH8Mud) than eBay

Advice for the rear shocks since they are fresh on my mind: Take the tire off. Use PB Blaster on the threads. It's not a fun job to replace the rear shocks. I think that it's (relatively) easy to replace the front shocks. I used a Sawzall with a metal blade to get my stock rear shocks out. It's a lot easier if you drop the spare tire. I have everything removed (tire carrier and brackets) so that might be why I had room to use a Sawzall. I put the blade between a rubber bushing and metal washer under the bracket, near the top, and in a minute, maybe less, the blade had cut through stem of the shock.

Any update on the ride quality? I hear OME shocks are firm. I personally prefer firm.

Thinking of do this soon.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom