Newb Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't have to replace the "entire unit", just the mast. The 6 or so inches of slotted plastic was the piece that was broken, so had to get to the motor via the fender wheel to remove it, take the device apart, and remove the broken piece of plastic. Then put the motor back together and placed inside the fender wheel. Last, put the new mast in - keeping the slots in the right direction - buttoned things up (new clips) and done. Maybe an hour to an hour and a half of work.

The only thing that didn't work so well was once the plastic cover inside the fender was bent, it didn't fully cover the well when finished. Maybe a 1/4 inch gap between the plastic and metal. No big deal, and easy peasy.

Last edited:
Didn't have to replace the "entire unit", just the mast. The 6 or so inches of slotted plastic was the piece that was broken, so had to get to the motor via the fender wheel to remove it, take the device apart, and remove the broken piece of plastic. Then put the motor back together and placed inside the fender wheel. Last, put the new mast in - keeping the slots in the right direction - buttoned things up (new clips) and done. Maybe an hour to an hour and a half of work.

The only thing that didn't work so well was once the plastic cover inside the fender was bent, it didn't fully cover the well when finished. Maybe a 1/4 inch gap between the plastic and metal. No big deal, and easy peasy.

@SmoothLC Thanks! I really appreciate it. So, the plastic cover inside the fender will most likely bend and remain bent? Where did you get the new clips?

Yup - you might be able to play w/ the plastic cover before putting the clips back on so it fits snug against the metal fender. I didn't realize the problem though until I had the clips installed.

You can get the clips at the dealership. I got a bunch of extra in case I needed them down the road. They weren't that expensive. Or check w/ the Mud vendors.

definitely a steal for that price..i bought a 1998 lc 3years old and paid $32k with 34,000 miles....had to replace antenna and battery after all these years...currently have 110,000 miles and couldn't be happier....not crazy about your white color, but for that price, u can repaint it if u like....looking back, wish i had waited to pay $8k for a one owner l/c...all u need is keep up with regular oil change and radiator/trans flush.....

That was a good price. I recently bought one, SoCal desert its whole life and zero rust and no scratches on undercarriage. I paid way more than you.

Definitely a fair price, looks fine for that. No rust underneath?

For the rear wiper, try sticking a VERY thin wire down the spray nozzle. You don't want to open it up with a wide needle or anything, so find something thin. When I got mine none of the nozzles sprayed. I was able to make all six in the front work and the back works pretty well too just by doing that. Anyway that's just a thought before you tear into the rest of the system.

Also, can you post pics of the seats before and after if you have them? Just after works if you don't have the before :) Cheers on the sweet new ride!
You can also usually clear the blocked wiper spray nozzles with a safety pin or straight pin. Nearly all mine were blocked when I bought it and now all are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom