New Years Run. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fulton.. used to wheel there before it was a thing.. called it the "clay pits" back in the early 90's..
So many stories from that area i just cannot self incriminate via the internet.. pretty sure the statute of limitations has run tho..
and if that other place is by the nuke plant in Callaway.. That was a lot of fun back then also! way before 9/11 one could go night wheeling back there and end up next to the cooling tower . Great place to watch the fog get sucked up. Gonna guess one cannot get that close to the Nuke plant these days..

Last edited:
So it sounds like Fulton. Looks like 2 hours from east side of town. How does it sound to meet about 8:00 on the east side of KC somewhere? Maybe that QT at Oak Grove?

Well the weather is looking pretty frightful.... from Kansas City to Columbia, chance of ice and snow all day Friday. Really doesn’t make it fun to travel and be able to do anything on the trails.

Moving it to Sunday, same meet up time.

Last edited:
Well the weather is looking pretty frightful.... from Kansas City to Columbia, chance of ice and snow all day Friday all day Friday. Really doesn’t make it fun to travel and be able to do anything on the trails. What do you think about moving it to Sunday?
We are out for Sunday and it looks like Friday is a no go.

In for Sunday

Vandyz is new to me. There are some videos on youtube. Looks like it has at least a couple rocky climbs. They have a map on-line but not much detail.

I friend of mine's sone took his 60 there about 3 weeks and beat the heck out of it. No lockers but has a 3" lift. DOn't know cost. It's about 40 minutes past Columbia I think, from KC. (part 2) So watch 1 also.

Update on beat up 60. Owner sent them down ATV trails to narrow. Bad deal.

Just double checking, are people still in for tomorrow?

2 80 rigs from Columbia. What frequency ? We'll plan to join the caravan about 9:30 at 63/70 interchange.

Thanks everyone. it was a good memory and experience for me with my son and friends. I hope for many more. Happy New Years, look forward.

Great day on the trails

15DE029C-A0EF-4A9F-9135-0A3CFB4077E5.jpeg

15B51A19-C820-4AEC-A55C-29175DAE20EF.jpeg

24AD180A-4D3B-4083-9A0A-7EC3A32EB36D.jpeg

66CC3FC1-160D-4925-BC63-78A8DC55960E.jpeg

Yesterday was a blast. Battery tie down to be installed today! Thanks 2F and Chevota. Good to see you all again, you too Mr. Mad Man and Alaska Man.

Last edited:
Meant to post to end of Land Cruiser string. Go there.

Anyone interested in hitting the trails on New Years day? Seems like Thanksgiving was a whole lot of nothing with small groups and cancelled parties, so thought maybe we can socially distance in our own rigs, but be together on the trails!

We hit some trails in Mid Missouri years ago on New Years and it was a good time. KS rocks is fun until it gets a trace of water....

Anyone interested?
Any 2021 New Years plans for central MO? Couple of options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom