new years 2011 snow run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so to start off the new years right, i went out wheeling with some crawlinbc guys up sylvester road. drove up past kenyon lake. was a beautiful day out. diego had fun in playing in the snow. a couple stucks here n there, but all in all a great day.

also got to give my new truxs tires a workout. they performed awesome. was able to dig my way out of a couple stucks just by feathering the throttle, and some two foot driving.

started with about 10ish trucks. mostly toys/zuks and a lone heep. group got split up into 5 up front. made it as far as we could, then turning around heading back down we ran into the rest of the group heading up. was a few hour ordeal trying to get them all turned around in 4+ feet of snow in a single track.

meeting up at iraq. this area has been cleaned up, and now used for log sorting. nice to not see it littered with shells, and shot up cars, washing machines...etc etc.

DSC05751.jpg

making our way up..

DSC05747.jpg

DSC05755.jpg

did i mention it was a fantastic day out?

DSC05765.jpg

waiting up above kenyon lake..
DSC05775.jpg

looking down at kenyon lake
DSC05779.jpg

my view the whole day...was so nice out.

DSC05760.jpg

heep extraction. it was actually pretty easy to get off track and slide into the ditch if you werent paying attention.

DSC05773.jpg

stopped at the last cross ditch and hand lunch. then planned how all 6 trucks were going to turn around the small area we were in.

DSC05783.jpg

DSC05791.jpg

met up with the rest of the crew, unforunately, they were facing the wrong way. we were stuck here for a while as they all turned around.

DSC05797.jpg

what to do..what to do. snow angles ftw!!

DSC05804.jpg

diego went for a few saucer runs..

DSC05805.jpg

DSC05808.jpg

after a couple hours...we're moving again!

DSC05812.jpg

heading down..

DSC05828.jpg

DSC05840.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos Sonny! I spent a fun afternoon clearing mountain bike trails on our local mountain after all of the wind storms. Great day to be outside! Beautiful sunset today from where we were too!

Great pics. Looks like fun.
off topic - I really need to figure out how to change the dull default settings on my nikon to get colours like that.
:beer:

Agreed- Outstanding sunset photos Sonny, very nice work.

Looks like it was a good time. Glad to see I don't have the only check engine light that won't go off.

Great pics Sonny! Looks like fun.

How are the truxus at freeway speeds? I was scared away by peoples reports they were out of round. I'm already over 10 plugs into my kevlar mtrs including 3 in the sidewall! Good tire every other way but seem to be flat magnets.

Yikes, that's not good to hear. So much for kevlar being bullet proof I guess.

Aside from shearing off those silly bling metal valve stems twice, I've been pretty happy with my BFG's.

Great pics Sonny! Looks like fun.

How are the truxus at freeway speeds? I was scared away by peoples reports they were out of round. I'm already over 10 plugs into my kevlar mtrs including 3 in the sidewall! Good tire every other way but seem to be flat magnets.

dang..really andy? thats brutal. where ya been when you were blowing out these mt/r's...? has goodyear said anything about that? your're the first i've read having issues with them...let along over a dozen plugs needed. you're not that much heavier...not that weight would cause more punctures.

the trxus worked awesome in the snow. i was down to only about 15 psi, and they seemed to dig in pretty good. its all about finesse when going through the deep stuff, and even when i went off line and got stuck, a bit of feathering the throttle, locked on both ends, and some two foot driving helped me unstuck myself. hammering down will dig you deep real quick..did that too.

on the hwy they're not too bad. ive got dynabeads in them now. no real issues so far...except for a random shimmy when cruising at 40-43ish mph...and another at 58ish. im planning on getting em rebalanced with inboad sticky weights. they worked awesome on the BFG's. im also going to put in some 1" spacers to widen the track out a bit. (anyone have some FS btw?..maybe ill cash in my EBI GC). the LX rims theyre on are quite rashed from the PO, so after i get them rebalanced, im going to rattle can them duplicolor graphite. should be ballin then.

i think adam (the jdm guy you went up to wilson with last) has the trxus in a 34. i was worried about wear on them, but he said that he's on 3 years with good wear..and his is a DD like mine. if i get 3 years on em, ill be happy. i got them with quite a lot of tread left, and 1/5 being almost brand new...

...these are for diego's entertainment as he's sitting beside me...he's rather fond of the forum smilies LOL.
:popcorn: :idea:[:deadhorse:
smiley-bounce014.gif
:ban:
2pink1stink.gif
4x4gif.gif

Interesting... the Adam I went to Wilson with has a mini truck, but I know the Adam you're talking about. I almost bout trxus as they would be much stronger and take more abuse but I hate shimys, I do quite a bit of highway driving and these mtrs have been the best yet, like a 35" street tire.

Half of my flats have been nails or screws probably from my driveway :rolleyes:. The sidewall is a 1"gash I got on a rock trying to get out of a ditch I drove into in the snow (it took 3 plugs). I got an arrowhead size piece of slate stuck in the center of the tread between lugs just driving slow on a chilliwack loggin road (it took 3 plugs). I have discount tire's extended waranty, so before the 2 years runs out I'll take them off and see if there's any signs of separating (like my old mtrs) and get the sidewall warrantied.

My Super Swampers SSR's have worn pretty well considering, I haven't rotated them. I tried to get them rotated and rebalanced, before the Death Valley trip, but it turned out to be a can of worms. They don't seem to rebalance well after they have been worn. Who ever did the balancing when new did a fantastic job, with a couple ounces on the inside. Now I have a ton of lead all over the rim. They have been tough though, and never popped a bead at 10psi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom