New Tune in the New Year Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy New Year!
All 40, 60, 80, and 100 owners can stop reading this now. :)
As many of you know I am looking at getting the OTT Tune for my Taco. Taco's are notorious for gear hunting (and I haven't been shy about telling people this). It's the one thing I really don't like about my truck. Anywho...
WYOverlanding is coming to Billings for the Great Rockies Sports Show (Montana's Great Rockies Sportshow - https://www.greatrockiesshow.com/). He has spots available on the 18th. Anyone interested? It's $400, which is more than I was expecting, but there is no competition in the area.

Last edited:
Have you considered re-gearing? When I was researching Tacos re-gearing was highly recommended. Let me search for a video just a sec.... Found it.... my friend's son always tries to tempt me to spend money.... so he sends me this stuff.

Anyhoo....I'm rambling... dang squirrel ran across my monitor..... Maybe you already considered this and there are better advantages to tuning. I don't know. I pass along some of my research before buying me a Runner... Feel free to flame away if need be. 🍻

@YotaPaullie, re-gearing is also an option but way more expensive. I have heard the tune is the best and least expensive fix. Thanks, no flaming required. Watch out for those squirrels!

if you're putting bigger tires on definetley need to regear, if you're just wanting to make it more driveable than a tune might be the way to go. last set of gears we got i believe were around 1500.00 by the time you add in seals and bearings. if you need to hire it done then you're talking some real money

if you want to re-gear take your budget and double it. that's my experience. but also worth every penny. be sure to check the the box for the front grenade option.

when I went 4.88s on the FJC it was a completely different animal

if you want to re-gear take your budget and double it. that's my experience. but also worth every penny. be sure to check the the box for the front grenade option.

when I went 4.88s on the FJC it was a completely different animal
Yeah, I think somewhere around $3K. The tune is about $400. I don't think I need a re-gear. The Taco was a beast in Moab. The issue is the highway and around town.
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Mark
406Camper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom