New Trail Rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need more pictures !!

Looks really great Steve!

There's a big event happen Labor Day weekend at Windrock ORV if interested. Just got done tie my seat to the cage. Also installed new seats and harnesses.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wow , Awesome seats and mounting.

Would love to come up to Windrock and wheel with you, but long way from finishing and 60 not up to it.

That looks great!

So it'll be at Turkey Trot?

So it'll be at Turkey Trot?
Still a ways off from wheeling. Lacking a braking system, wiring, steering, etc

looks a lot like the rigs/rock crawlers we see at GSMTR. its crazy what those things will climb. sticky tires?

Looks very nice! Sorry I missed seeing it in person.

How about an update!!

Wish there were new pictures to post. The latest accomplishments like wiring doesn't have any picture value. Wiring is 90% done. Engine & drive train harness complete. Toyota body wiring harness wired in. There will be all working lights. All gauges will work in Silverado instrument cluster including tach and fuel level. Today just finished piecing together an exhaust system with mandrel bends. Will start on steering and brakes next week. I'll try to get some pictures posted up.

20161008_152419 BB.jpg

atlas bb.jpg

Still plugging away. Got the engine installed and running only to discover it had 10 - 20 PSI oil pressure. Amazing it wasn't making any noises. Did the usual. Pulled pan, checked bearings and oil pump. Nothing wrong. I eventually pulled engine and disassembled it to find two cam bearing completely out of their bores.

4GEDC0072b bb.jpg

4GEDC0067 bb (1).jpg

After refreshing the engine, it's back in and running well!
After days of getting the wiring straight, ran it on jack stands and transmission goes through all gears as it should.
My chances of making it to GSMTR are looking good at this point:beer:

4GEDC0073b bb.jpg

4GEDC0054 bb.jpg

Congrats on a huge hurdle! That should be a beast on the trail. Hope it comes together so you can run it.

Looks awesome.

I'm getting the feeling that this may finally be your year to truly enjoy GSMTR, just sit back work out the Gremlins, dial it in, point and shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom