New to Tucson..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

or even better, the cool new people that you can network with and become friends.

Right, cause there's no networking or making friends outside of a club. I just don't like the mentality of the whole join a club thing. You don't have to be in a club to do what's right or to clean up some crap on a trail when you see it. Not a fan of politics and I see them in here already.. This club's better, pressure from you guys to join a club. Just seems childish and counter productive to me. With that said I know I'm the less common mind frame here..

wow that mustve come from the nissan and/or jeep in your sig cause I KNOW cruiser folks dont think like that.

If what you've implied is that Toyota people aren't free thinkers then I guess yes... I'm sort of a blaze a trail kinda guy and have 4 Cruisers cause I like to be part of the underdog crowd. I'm very sorry to hear that cruiser folks don't think that way as I had a totally different impression of it.

sonoranfun said:
I just don't like the mentality of the whole join a club thing. With that said I know I'm the less common mind frame here..

I'm sort of a blaze a trail kinda guy and have 4 Cruisers cause I like to be part of the underdog crowd.

not really, i feel the same way, heck i wasnt going to join the club, never joined the big cruiser club. but i felt a cool sticker, t-shirt and copy of the land use permit was worth $20, and i plan to go clean a few trails anyway so what the heck.

maybe i am misunderstanding your idea of blazing a trail, i was thinking the literal meaning, but maybe you meant just being part of a smaller less populated crowd?? in that sense im with ya, im always doin somethin a little different.

Join a club. Don’t join a club. It really doesn’t matter.
Me, personally, I enjoy being part of a club. In most aspects of my life I am a loner. Being a part of a club brings out the social side of me. I used to always wheel alone and since I joined, I have had some great wheeling adventures with other cruiser-folk. I think it’s pretty cool.
I can see how you would think there is politics involved after re-reading this thread. I see at least 4 different posts, JOIN, JOIN, JOIN. Well, just like me, most of these guys are enthusiastic about this new club. There is no pressure though, really. You don’t have to feel like you need to join to hang with us. If you wanna hang with us all you need to do is have a Toyota 4wd and like to meet new people. Our Tucson meeting is really just a tire kicking session with some tall tales thrown in for good measure. Come out and hang with us, I’ll give you an application for CSC if you want it. If not, come out anyway. It’s always good to meet new cruiser folk.
And BTW, speaking of blazing a trail, FYI, running in the Santa Cruz river anywhere within any incorporated limits IS illegal. A call to the Pima County Sheriffs dept confirmed this. Thought you might wanna know that.
:cheers:

Originally Posted by sonoranfun
I just don't like the mentality of the whole join a club thing. With that said I know I'm the less common mind frame here..
---------------------------

If you join IH8MUD and are posting here - you have in fact joined a "club"

And BTW, speaking of blazing a trail, FYI, running in the Santa Cruz river anywhere within any incorporated limits IS illegal.

Yeah I know this, one of the guys I go with all the time is a Sheriff... Another guy has been going doing the same thing in the river for over 25 years. Never a ticket for any of us.... As a side note, J-Walking, Spitting out in public and having your headlights mis-adjusted are all against the law too.

You did however make me feel a little better about the club idea. I just saw in this thread the whole join crap and if I wanted to deal with that mind frame I would waste my whole life being saved by everybody telling me to join their church.

If you join IH8MUD and are posting here - you have in fact joined a "club"

I think what you meant is "member of a forum" and if you're going to get that into it I'm a member of Kroger, Frys, Ralphs, Pick-n-Save, Albertsons, Bashes and about 15 other things ranging from AAA to Hollywood Video...

maybe i am misunderstanding your idea of blazing a trail, i was thinking the literal meaning, but maybe you meant just being part of a smaller less populated crowd??

Yeah that's what I meant, not as in going ripping up the desert:) I meant it as in not towing the line and following the guy in front of you through life. Sorry, I had a s***ty night, I dropped a mobile home a couple weeks ago and spent 4 hours hot as hell last night getting it blocked and leveled...

quote think what you meant is "member of a forum" and if you're going to get that into it I'm a member of Kroger, Frys, Ralphs, Pick-n-Save, Albertsons, Bashes and about 15 other things ranging from AAA to Hollywood Video...
---------------------------------------------------------------
ah... no, I said what i meant - nice try at a back pedal :flipoff2:

ah... no, I said what i meant - nice try at a back pedal

You know, I looked and couldn't find anything calling this the IH8MUD club or anything along those lines. I'm sure you're right as you can see how uncomfortable I am now that I've been exposed but just to be clear can you please find me some of the IH8MUD Club info.. As a side note, I can still wheel without being in a club. I can't post in here or help people with questions. It's clear you can't see the difference but I thought I'd say it just for the record as you seem to have some troubles getting just what is was I was saying..

I have no trouble getting what your saying - you fear the word "club" as long as that word is out of the picture you are fine.

since this "forum" is not a "club" how about taking some of that cash from selling you stuff here, and support Woody's efforts, by buying a silver star ;)

Well anyway, welcome to Tucson.
This thread has been thoroughly hijacked. Sorry
Hope to see you on the trails
By the way, did you mention what you drive and color? I assume a 80?
-Duane

I drive a FZJ80 Classic White color 3inLift ARB Front E-lockers, and live in the NW area. Anticipating the next "Group/Club" gathering in Tucson. Getting tired of the stink eye from jeeps on the trail, would like to see a landcruiser. J/K

Ripley, glad to see we haven't scared you off. As you can see there are many different ideas and personalities here. That's what makes this place so great!
I'd like to see some more of you cruisers come out next month on the second friday. See the sticky above :cheers:

No worries, but man did the topic venture..Have to say that I may have to change my username since everytime some one says Ripley I think of my beagle. The names Kyle just incase anyone reads the post. The politics is about the same on whatever board, and its actually worse on my biking board mtbreview.com. Peace

Nice name for a Beagle :) We are all a friendly group in this club - nothing but good intentions and casual ribbing.

Hope to see you all out on the trails :beer:

I'm just a pissy little arse sometimes... I swear I'll fight with myself if I'm not on top of it... Didn't mean to start a fight I just felt uncomfortable for Ripley with all the join the damn club stuff. Maybe that wasn't my place I would just hate saying hi in a new forum then first thing having to deal with that crap...

Kyle, Nice to meet ya!
If you wanna add your name and some stats on your truck, or anything you want for that matter, go to User CP from the top of any page and go to Edit Signature. This is where you can add in all the stuff that we have written under every post. later :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom