New to the forum. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. Glad to finally be on here and finally getting my dream 2007 Lexus GX 470 Sport w/KDSS. Picked it up in Washington D.C. last November with 170k miles on it. Black on black. I have already done a couple things to it.

Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro kit Stage 2 with UCAs & rear airbag delete kit.
Treaty Oaks KDSS spacers kit
17" TRD wheels
Nitto Ridge Grappler 255/80r17 load range E
I have since tinted front windows to match rears and installed black Toyota lug nuts

20220422_160034.jpg
20220508_104809.jpg

Hello everyone. Glad to finally be on here and finally getting my dream 2007 Lexus GX 470 Sport w/KDSS. Picked it up in Washington D.C. last November with 170k miles on it. Black on black. I have already done a couple things to it.

17" TRD wheels
I have since tinted front windows to match rears and installed black Toyota lug nuts

View attachment 3052106View attachment 3052113
Also did the headlight lens restore to get rid of the usual Toyota yellow oxidation.

17" TRD wheels

View attachment 3052106View attachment 3052113
Great looking rig. Love my Ridge Grapplers. Got 20k+ miles on mine and they look and feel nearly new.

Great looking rig. Love my Ridge Grapplers. Got 20k+ miles on mine and they look and feel nearly new.
Thanks man. That is encouraging about the mileage you are getting with your ridge grapplers. I wanted to get the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in 255/85r17 but they were still brand new and because of rubber shortages we're not available for months. I wanted that little extra height so that will be next set of tires.

Thanks man. That is encouraging about the mileage you are getting with your ridge grapplers. I wanted to get the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T in 255/85r17 but they were still brand new and because of rubber shortages we're not available for months. I wanted that little extra height so that will be next set of tires.
They also are a boss in mud, dirt/sand and snow. Ice, well, not so much as one would expect. LOL I will definitely be replacing these with another set of Ridge Grapplers.

285/85/17s is a good sized pizza cutter. You still have to do BMC, pinch the weld seams, and remove the running boards to fit them?

285/85/17s is a good sized pizza cutter. You still have to do BMC, pinch the weld seams, and remove the running boards to fit them?
All on my to do list. Boards 1st cause easy. And just got these wheels and tires so I figure a couple years which gives me time to save for re-gear and lockers. Already feels a bit sluggish and going another inch up in size I might as well knock out the gears and lockers at the same time.

All on my to do list. Boards 1st cause easy. And just got these wheels and tires so I figure a couple years which gives me time to save for re-gear and lockers. Already feels a bit sluggish and going another inch up in size I might as well knock out the gears and lockers at the same time.
This makes me glad I picked up my GX already on 35s. It’s no race car but runs way better than I expected when I initially drove it lol.

@Little Black Bear That's a good plan...I want skinny 35s, but the cost/effort to do it right is a little more that I want to spend with the BMC, pinch welds, regear, lockers, and possibly 8.2" rear diff...all these to do it right is costly and I'll be doing it for looks because I don't need all that to do the basic and infrequent outings I do now.

@Krackerjacked where's your build thread? I want to see what was done to fit the 35s.

@Krackerjacked where's your build thread? I want to see what was done to fit the 35s.

I bought it setup already so I’d feel bad doing a build thread until I actually did more to it.

This is the mod list from the for sale ad though! I’ve picked up a winch, lower link skids, panhard bar correction kit that I need to install. I also plan to trim the rear bumper and need to hammer out the pinch welds up front.

C1CA58F0-1278-4598-A0B7-CC38FCE4C297.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom