New to the community and new to me 2000 LC100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New owner of a 2000 LC100. Living out west in Canada, these are rare to come by.

Details. 2000 LC100. 225k miles. Texas rig, imported to Canada in 2008. Really great shape, next to no rust on the body or underneath. No AHC to worry about. No leaks, piles of maintenance records. Lots of life left in timing belt. Lots of work done by previous owner (Brakes, shocks, radiator, heater T’s, new tires, battery, windshield, aftermarket exhaust)

Had a clunk when I bought it, and lo and behold noise coming from the front Diff. The one thing I can’t fix myself (setting up gears is just beyond my skill set) so it’s in the shop to get that sorted.

I Will be putting in a new head unit and backup camera as well. Otherwise it’s bone stock.

Hopefully will be a DD going forward.

I’ll get some better pics once I get it home again.

IMG_3114.jpeg

There are a few bushings that mount the front differential that have been the cause of clunks... more likely the culprit vs caused internally.

There are a few bushings that mount the front differential that have been the cause of clunks... more likely the culprit vs caused internally.
Thanks for the heads up! I’ll have mention it to the guys at the shop for sure.

I figured the front end should be stout, but you never know how the last guy treated it.

I very much agree with @hoser Front diff bushings are very common issue on the forums. Good chance they have never been replaced and are already in bad shape and/or dry rotted.

Update. Diff is out, 2 teeth broken on ring gear so I’ll have to rebuild. Everything looks good so just ring/pinion and then a rebuild kit(bearings/shims and whatnot). Anyone have a good source on parts? I’m in Canada if it makes a difference. Rock auto has what I need, but wondering if there are better options?

IMG_1716.png

Partsouq is great, but I don't know about shipping to Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom