new tires for the 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in the market for new tires for my wives 4runner. have bfg at ko right now, but will need something new before winter, would like to keep it AT, was going to get the new toyo AT2 in 265/70/17 but just found the general grabbers red letter for waaaaaayyy cheeeper online. anyone has any experience with them?

This ones. They look cool but not may reviews for winter driving

IMG_3405.JPG

I had the old style grabber on a Toyota pickup. Was not a good winter tire. Haha. large tread blocks and no siping is lots of sliding. The new ones look about the same. get another set of bfgs and don't look back.

Bfg are awesome but expensive.

I had a pair of old style Grabber AT's. Not this style. I did not like them. Wore very quickly, noisy for an AT, dropped my mileage, and I didn't think they did well in snow. Just my opinion. I have toyo's now and Like them a lot compared to the Grabbers. I guess how long you plan to run them is more the question. If you are only looking to get 20k out of them, then the grabber will do that. If you are looking more long term, I think the toyo's or the bfg's would be less expensive in the long run. Again, just my opinion.

Bridgstone Revo dueller AT

Toyo it priced reasonably too

Goodyear Duratracs are a good all around tire.

Duratracks look like they would be noise. The bfg i have right now have bad hum going down the highway.

Looking at Falken At3, great reviews and price.

I had a pair of old style Grabber AT's. Not this style. I did not like them. Wore very quickly, noisy for an AT, dropped my mileage, and I didn't think they did well in snow. Just my opinion. I have toyo's now and Like them a lot compared to the Grabbers. I guess how long you plan to run them is more the question. If you are only looking to get 20k out of them, then the grabber will do that. If you are looking more long term, I think the toyo's or the bfg's would be less expensive in the long run. Again, just my opinion.

Are they like these? I have these on my Taco, General Grabber AT2. They are a tiny bit loud, but are wearing well and are great in snow. Only thing I don't like is that they are only 2 ply, something I wasn't aware of prior to purchase.

images.jpeg

Yes, those are the ones. Just my opinion, but compared to the toyo and bfg AT's I have run, I did not like them. I even turned the radio up like Tom suggested.... :) I'm glad they are working well for you.

I just installed Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Tundra. Not bad noise wise.

Will probably order those tires. They have 4.5 snow rating out of 5 and are more quiet than bfg at2. Price is also $80 less per tire compared to bfg. Ordered one just to see how it looks on 4runner. Will se at end of week.
IMG_3416.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom