New Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
Threads
I wanted to replace the softride 4" on the rear of my 40 with something that could carry more load. I submitted my info to Alcan by email, then got a follow up call by the owner before they started the build to confirm weights, use etc. The guy even wanted to chat about Fj40's and knew them well. I got the springs yesterday, a few days earlier than expected, complete with bushings and U-bolts. The spring packs I got have 8 leaves, military wraps and those teflon disks to decrease friction during spring flex. I was very impressed by the whole experience. The springs are about the same price as OME springs at $190 each including the bushings. At any rate, I thought I would relate my experience in case anyone else is buying a new suspension. For the same $$ as OME you can go custom and spec lift, flex etc. I could even spec a bit more lift on the driver side to eliminate the Land Cruiser lean. I will use them again for springs when my 60 goes SOA next year. I'd be curious if anyone has longer term experience-like after a few wheeling seasons. My year old softrides will be for sale shortly in the for sale section.

You got everthing I had asked for by a local spring company to build for me, did you get the springs tappered?

Rob

If you mean were the edges of the individual leaves tapered, then yes they were. Now I need to buy some new anti-inversion shackles, and greasable pins.

Glad to hear you have had a good Alcan experience. I'm buying 4" springs for my 60 and I'm concidering Alcan or BTB.
Any info on someones long term experience with these springs would be nice.
devo

I had never felt a nice ride in a Toy PU until I rode on Alcans. Do they build coils?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom