NEW server!! (Updated!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
As of this morning, I've committed to upgrading and relocating IH8MUD.com to it's own dedicated web server. This will not only increase site speeds and reliability, but will allow for some additional growth.

The basic server specs will be:
2.4 ghz Celeron, 640k, one 40gig HD, one 20 gig backup HD, hooked up to a DS3 (45 Megabits/second) line connected directly to an OC48c backbone.

I haven't got a target date set, but if things go smoothly, it may be as quick as a week away. There WILL be some unavoidable downtime associated with the move. (UPDATE - planning to load and test as soon as Tuesday evening)

Again, thanks to everyone for your patience. IH8MUD.com has expanded WELL beyond my wildest guesses, and your understanding during these growing pains is appreciated!

Re:NEW server!!

appl.gif
grinning-smiley-003.gif
liebe013.gif
fl.gif
drumming.gif

Awesome Woody. Great to hear. Hope that it's not too costly.

I recently had to move one of my web sites to another hosting service because the reliability was deplorable. I've never felt better about it, and have never looked back. Neither will you Woody, nor will any of us out here.

You've certainly got my support... need some new tee shirts, and what-not anyway ;)

Cheers, Ron -

Sounds great Brian!

-Steve

[glow=black,2,2] Well we may be patient , it's you Woody that has risen to the challenge of getting things done ! We all owe you an enormous debt of grattitude my friend . Remember also not to be shy when it comes time to ask for help ... including topping up your Paypal account ;)[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

celeron?! just kidding! sweet!

Is that big enough for all of Junks pictures? Can we get a spell checker for us illiterats?

I second the others comments. I just sent you a cash donation to help.

Come on gang, how about a fundraiser for Woody!

If I can help in the testing please let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work!! :beer:

well, the new server passed step 1...it ran all of last night without exploding! lol

more info as it becomes available.....

11:30am CST Tuesday...server is up and live...starting to upload data....

should be a fun night getting things to work...lol

:cheers: Woody. You run an unbelievable site sir!

FYI: as part of the transition process, readers rides is currently disabled...it IS however already operational at the new location, so once the dns transition is completed, it will work as it does now...

progress report:

Entire webpage uploaded and functioning...tech, photos, readers rides, etc....

Forum is next on the test list, checking with their site on "preferred" procedure to combine a software update with the current data. Have test loaded the sql data successfully, but it's a week old, so that'll get updated yet when the forum hits maintenance mode.

more updates as they become available....

woody,
Nothing has changed. You must have done it right. Good Job... :D

I'm lovin' it being back up to speed. For a while there this site was gettin' pretty bogged down between pages... Nice job dude! Now make some hodies (or a wind-breaker) so I can donate some more money...

-Ferg-

Man, even the avatars are back working already! :cheers:

SOME avatars....depends on where they are hosted...

when mine is back, then all is good :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom