New red dog fabrication bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope to pick up my new to me GX tomorrow. Was already eyeing the Red Dog bumper until running across thread. Hope everything is made right with any of you left in limbo at the moment.

Anyone know of a comparable looking bumper that has a better chance of being available in a reasonable time?

Comparable to red dog? That’s a tough one. They had great and unique look to their bumper. Some options that are likely to be available quickly (or faster than red dog):
  • Lil B’s
  • Demello
  • Metal Tech
  • Ironman 4x4
  • Coastal off road (DIY kit)
They have a variety of looks from desert runner tube bumper to traditional beefy armor you’d see on an old land cruiser.

It's been a long time, and I just wanted to share my thoughts on this bumper and my experiences with it.
Firstly, the bumper itself is amazing! Built well, and tough, it looked good and it was everything needed in a trail bumper.

The challenges are with Red Dog himself. The initial purchase went well, and I was amazed that I got a bumper in less than a month. Little did I know that I had taken someone else's bumper because I live in the same area as him. So I get the bumper, but none of my Diode Dynamics (6) lights are in. He did me a favour (or so I thought) and installed one pair of his used lights when installing the bumper for me. The deal was that I would come back when mine were in and we'd sort out the rest. I kept in contact weekly ensuring that I was on top of the progress.

This goes on for weeks, and then a month or two. Finally he just stopped communicating all together and shut down his shop. That was it. I ordered and paid lights that never came (Diode Dynamics was contacted directly, and they never saw the order from him), and took someone else's bumper that was waiting in line. I'm sorry for the latter, but I was simply offered a bumper in under a month, so I took it. This is one year since the bumper was installed and the dude simply doesn't reply.

All in, I was robbed of my purchase of the lights and that doesn't sit well. A guy that was looking for my GX when I was selling, reached out and said he's getting the runaround too. Paid a deposit, nothing ordered, no communication and a promised bumper in under a month. The end result is that no matter how good the bumper is, the dude is s***ty. I felt for him because he said is dad had passed early last year and that was why the communication was s***, but either way I was ripped off, and he's still out selling bumpers to locals that others are waiting on.

Do not buy from him... Period... Full stop.

He is currently on IG as https://www.instagram.com/reddogfabrication/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

Last edited:
It's been a long time, and I just wanted to share my thoughts on this bumper and my experiences with it.
Firstly, the bumper itself is amazing! Built well, and tough, it looked good and it was everything needed in a trail bumper.

The challenges are with Red Dog himself. The initial purchase went well, and I was amazed that I got a bumper in less than a month. Little did I know that I had taken someone else's bumper because I live in the same area as him. So I get the bumper, but none of my Diode Dynamics (6) lights are in. He did me a favour (or so I thought) and installed one pair of his used lights when installing the bumper for me. The deal was that I would come back when mine were in and we'd sort out the rest. I kept in contact weekly ensuring that I was on top of the progress.

This goes on for weeks, and then a month or two. Finally he just stopped communicating all together and shut down his shop. That was it. I ordered and paid lights that never came (Diode Dynamics was contacted directly, and they never saw the order from him), and took someone else's bumper that was waiting in line. I'm sorry for the latter, but I was simply offered a bumper in under a month, so I took it. This is one year since the bumper was installed and the dude simply doesn't reply.

All in, I was robbed of my purchase of the lights and that doesn't sit well. A guy that was looking for my GX when I was selling, reached out and said he's getting the runaround too. Paid a deposit, nothing ordered, no communication and a promised bumper in under a month. The end result is that no matter how good the bumper is, the dude is s***ty. I felt for him because he said is dad had passed early last year and that was why the communication was s***, but either way I was ripped off, and he's still out selling bumpers to locals that others are waiting on.

Do not buy from him... Period... Full stop.

He is currently on IG as https://www.instagram.com/reddogfabrication/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=
That really sucks to hear. You may want to try and draw Logan King into this, since I think his YouTube videos really helped to bring demand for the Red Dog stuff. Logan seems to depend on his online reputation, and I wouldn't be surprised if a little pressure on him helps. Worth a shot IMO.

ive heard of to many bad bumper deals and shipping is just stupid. i almosty got ripped off by explore overland but i was lucky and got my money back after 16weeks. **** explore overland they took alot of peoples money and just disappeared. so that said i just made my own bumper and couldnt be happier.

In the interests of being transparent, Mr. Red Dog has reached out to me with the intent to make good on the refund. There is as of yet no timeline or plan for it, however the communication started again.

In the interests of being transparent, Mr. Red Dog has reached out to me with the intent to make good on the refund. There is as of yet no timeline or plan for it, however the communication started again.
Any update? I just emailed him and he told me he is still producing the GX470 bumper. Thinking about ordering one because I love his design, but this thread concerns me for sure.

I've had decent luck getting my credit card company involved in matters like this in the past. Without proof of shipping they should reverse the charge.

Since it's been a month to process a refund (which is maybe 15 min of work to process) I kind of doubt the seller has any intention of actually doing it.

Check out Goliathoffroad.com
That is the front bumper I am getting.

So after trading a few emails with Brad (Red Dog) I took the chance and gave him a deposit to build me a bumper. He originally said 6 weeks to build it (this was on Feb 6). I told him I had some concerns due to people claiming they'd not had correspondence or not gotten their bumper, etc. Yesterday he emailed me and said my bumper will ship out Monday. We will see if it actually shows up, but so far he's been pretty responsive and seemingly is still producing bumpers.

So after trading a few emails with Brad (Red Dog) I took the chance and gave him a deposit to build me a bumper. He originally said 6 weeks to build it (this was on Feb 6). I told him I had some concerns due to people claiming they'd not had correspondence or not gotten their bumper, etc. Yesterday he emailed me and said my bumper will ship out Monday. We will see if it actually shows up, but so far he's been pretty responsive and seemingly is still producing bumpers.
Did your bumper ship?

Brad is asking me for a deposit as well. I'm a bit leary about sending him any money.

Did your bumper ship?

Brad is asking me for a deposit as well. I'm a bit leary about sending him any money.
No it did not! After two different promised ship dates of March 20th then again on the 22nd - he even sent me pictures of "my bumper" I've asked a few times since and gotten no response after paying him the full amount when he said it was shipping out. No more correspondence from him. I also tried Instagram. I've been very patient until the Instagram post yesterday. Tell him you're not sending him any money until he can prove he's sent out Steve A's bumper lol (I'm not kidding). And tell him the entire forum is talking and his reputation is turning into one of a thief or scam artist.

I really don't know what is deal is. He was corresponding fine until it came time to send the bumper he had apparently finished. I'm about to get my credit card company and possibly a lawyer involved.
Did your bumper ship?

From someone watching on the outside, it seems this seller has limited credibility. I would call your card company ASAP.

I would agree with Rednexus, it seems in the FB GXOR group, RedDog is a known stay away company.
I ordered this one and got it in 4 weeks flat. The guys are really good, very happy with product, welds and fitment. Most importantly they got it done in the advertised time. I did have to pay for it up front.

So funny enough Brad reached out to me today via Instagram. He assures me that the bumper is still shipping soon and that he had to make good on a few back ordered pieces first. I told him his radio silence feels like I'm getting ripped off, and that he's getting a lot of bad press on the forum. He said he's trying to clean up the reputation of the business - but I honestly think his communication is just really bad.

I'm going to give it a little more time before I go to my cc company. If he's stringing me along then I'm a sucker, but I like his bumper design and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll report back with any updates.

So funny enough Brad reached out to me today via Instagram. He assures me that the bumper is still shipping soon and that he had to make good on a few back ordered pieces first. I told him his radio silence feels like I'm getting ripped off, and that he's getting a lot of bad press on the forum. He said he's trying to clean up the reputation of the business - but I honestly think his communication is just really bad.

I'm going to give it a little more time before I go to my cc company. If he's stringing me along then I'm a sucker, but I like his bumper design and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll report back with any updates.
It's pretty sad that anyone would think this is an acceptable way to run a business.

I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I really like the bumper design as well. But, I've watched too many people get taken advantage of in my life so I avoid it like the plague.

I think I'm going to see if a shop locally can fab it up for me. Or, order one of the ones I've been eyeing from more reputable manufacturers.

It's pretty sad that anyone would think this is an acceptable way to run a business.

I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I really like the bumper design as well. But, I've watched too many people get taken advantage of in my life so I avoid it like the plague.

I think I'm going to see if a shop locally can fab it up for me. Or, order one of the ones I've been eyeing from more reputable manufacturers.
I agree with you that his business practice could be WAY better. At this point if I get too pissed the likelihood of getting my bumper goes down more - and I don't want that since he has my money. So I'm taking the approach of trying to give him some friendly advice on communication and hoping that he will follow through. And if that fails I might drive up to Canada lol

In the interest of transparency, I wanted to follow up. I am pleased to say that Brad and my business has concluded with my refund in hand.

While i can be wrong about people, I genuinely believe that Brad is not intentionally creating this reputation, and it is a result of bad communication, and a couple hard knocks he was delivered that he needs to recover from. Will that convince you to spend your money there, I don't know. I do feel that he is on a corrective path, and I hope he is able to recover from the bad press that has been circulating about Red Dog (including some of my own). Brad does all this on his own, and depending on workload and orders, lead times are bound to be fluid.

In the end, the bumper was spectacular. It looks sharp and is well crafted, with a thoughtful mind to functionality. It's tough, and presumably will stand up to anything you throw at it. My personal complications revolved around the addition of the lighting, and in that regard I would suggest seeking out your own solutions (IE; not complicating the bumper order).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom