New red dog fabrication bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across a new gx470 on YouTube. Logan king up in Canada. Seems to be making an honest effort at following a passion for photography and video production which is cool. Anyways... don’t know the guy or anything about red dog fabrication but the bumper they developed for the gx470 looks great in my opinion.

Available bare or bedlined. I know the climate is a bit different up in Canada so maybe that’s why they bedlined it? I know lots of guys are starting to raptor line stuff in the states...
D6C95ACA-5C1A-48A9-B158-94E9441E8447.png

Looks nice. Seems like the approach angle is considerably improved by sitting so close to the frame. I'm also really liking that it fills the gap under the head lights without needing to cut the factory bumper or awkward metal filler plates.

Nice front bumper design. Just wondering...Is that C$410 Canadian dollars? The site says all prices are in C$

Or did you convert already?

And I wonder if they have a partnership with a USA vendor to help reduce shipping costs?

Last edited:
I think they are brand new to the game and don’t have any connections. However, I noticed Sherpa in Colorado has that gx advertising the roof rack...

There is a little bit of a gap under the headlights and between the bumper and the fenders. The body does flex when rock crawling/off-roading so it's good to have some space in between so the bumper never hits it, right?

There is a little bit of a gap under the headlights and between the bumper and the fenders. The body does flex when rock crawling/off-roading so it's good to have some space in between so the bumper never hits it, right?

The factory gaps are a good indicator of how large of a gap is necessary.
Obviously age of
body mount bushings and intensity of flexing will push those limits, but it shouldn't necessitate gaps two or three times the size of the factory gaps. Most aftermarket bumpers have large gaps because auto manufacturers working with plastic can get better tolerances than a dude in his garage shop can with steel.
That said, this bumper seems to follow the body lines pretty damn well.

Do they have a US distributor yet? I couldn't find anything..

A little late to this thread but I saw on YotoMafia's page they sell this exact bumper from Red Dog Fabrication. I believe they are based out of Florida.

The shipping costs look pretty reasonable honestly. That's about what we pay when ordering large heavy things from you guys in the states.

Came across a new gx470 on YouTube. Logan king up in Canada. Seems to be making an honest effort at following a passion for photography and video production which is cool. Anyways... don’t know the guy or anything about red dog fabrication but the bumper they developed for the gx470 looks great in my opinion.

Available bare or bedlined. I know the climate is a bit different up in Canada so maybe that’s why they bedlined it? I know lots of guys are starting to raptor line stuff in the states...View attachment 2572841
It's a great looking bumper but I attempted to order directly from them. No communication, not updates, not even a confirmation email. After emailing to let them know I was going to have my bank reverse the charges, they reach out and tell me to be patient after 18 weeks. Lead time was 10 weeks. Again, no follow ups or replies. I ended up having the charges reversed by the bank which Red Dog Fabrication finally reaches out whining about the reversed charges and suddenly the bumper is ready to ship. "Brad" told me to go ahead and reorder and he will send the bumper to me that is ready. This was back on September 23, 2021. Still no updates, no replies etc...

For me, it's been a terrible experience dealing with Red Dog Fabrication. Guess this happens with companies outside the U.S. My fault for trusting them...giving them until the end of November before I reverse the charges again....

It's a great looking bumper but I attempted to order directly from them. No communication, not updates, not even a confirmation email. After emailing to let them know I was going to have my bank reverse the charges, they reach out and tell me to be patient after 18 weeks. Lead time was 10 weeks. Again, no follow ups or replies. I ended up having the charges reversed by the bank which Red Dog Fabrication finally reaches out whining about the reversed charges and suddenly the bumper is ready to ship. "Brad" told me to go ahead and reorder and he will send the bumper to me that is ready. This was back on September 23, 2021. Still no updates, no replies etc...

For me, it's been a terrible experience dealing with Red Dog Fabrication. Guess this happens with companies outside the U.S. My fault for trusting them...giving them until the end of November before I reverse the charges again....
This won't make you feel any better, but sometimes it happens here in the USA with small fabricators. I also lost my patience with a fabricator that makes adjustable rear lower control arms. When I ordered two years ago prior to the pandemic, there was no mention on their web site that they were out of stock. In fact, I had contacted the shop via e-mail and they answered my questions on their product.

I ordered and after 2 weeks, I contacted to find out whey they hadn't shipped. The owner said they had a batch in powder coating and it would be a couple more weeks. After 6 weeks, I contacted again and now there was another month delay. So, after 12 weeks nothing. At that point, I felt they were just stringing me along, so I disputed the charge on my credit card. The fabricator tried to challenge my dispute by sending in the online order information, but they never shipped me their product. My credit card refunded my money, but I essentially wasted my time.

Now, I'm not expecting the Amazon experience, but please be upfront and honest about when your product will be available. Gobi's web site had a 6 month wait to process your order back in 2018. They called me to confirm the order and explain that it would be 6 months before I got their product. I said okay and waited. A month before Gobi sent me an e-mail that they were going to charge my credit card because the ladder was almost ready. I got the ladder just around the 6 month mark.

Anyways...it happens in the USA...it's all about how you communicate with your customer.

Logan King is local to my town, and so is Red Dog Fabrication. I first came across this bumper seeing Logan's rig around town occasionally, and it's the direction I want to go.

I've seen Brad's new shop (he just moved), and the bumpers have a lot of design and thought to them. He seems like a great guy selling a great product, but his manufacturing is on a small scale. He's a one man operation, so take that as you will as far as lead times.

I hope you got this sorted out.

I ended up buying a front bumper from explore overland. Ordered back in October and in theory will
Ship out mid January. It looks similar to the red dog fabrication bumper but ended up being cheaper to get it from explore overland. Sliders and front bumper for 1750 shipped usd, I couldn’t pass it up.

Hopefully it turns out to be good quality. I will say their customer service so far has been excellent. I emailed the company asking a question, and the owner personally called me same day. I called mid December to inquire about the rear bumper fabrication of the rear gx470 bumper and was met with answers and timelines. Time will tell if I receive this bumper but hopefully I will!

Has anyone been in contact with Brad at Red
Dog? I’ve been trying to get a hold of him via email and instagram but no response. I placed my order in October and have just asked for just status on the order. It’s getting very frustrating.

I would try to contact Logan king… he is evidently friends with the guy. I’ve been waiting since October 8th, 10-14 week estimate on mine from explore overland. I emailed requesting production status as we are at the 14 week end of estimate, that was 3 days ago, no response. Off topic hear but I think everything is just jacked right now and what used to be is no more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom