New red dog fabrication bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the interest of transparency, I wanted to follow up. I am pleased to say that Brad and my business has concluded with my refund in hand.

While i can be wrong about people, I genuinely believe that Brad is not intentionally creating this reputation, and it is a result of bad communication, and a couple hard knocks he was delivered that he needs to recover from. Will that convince you to spend your money there, I don't know. I do feel that he is on a corrective path, and I hope he is able to recover from the bad press that has been circulating about Red Dog (including some of my own). Brad does all this on his own, and depending on workload and orders, lead times are bound to be fluid.

In the end, the bumper was spectacular. It looks sharp and is well crafted, with a thoughtful mind to functionality. It's tough, and presumably will stand up to anything you throw at it. My personal complications revolved around the addition of the lighting, and in that regard I would suggest seeking out your own solutions (IE; not complicating the bumper order).
Thanks for the update. He has assured me that mine will ship out tomorrow or Wednesday. I also agree that he seems to have good intentions but unfortunately doesn't communicate very well. I told him I would have been fine with the timeline he's currently on, and wouldn't have been upset if he hadn't told me two weeks ago that it was going out once on a Monday, then again on a Wednesday - that was mid-March. But combined with the press he's received here, and then complete radio silence for a week or two why wouldn't I think I was getting ripped off? He's been communicating through instagram with me the last few days. We'll see if he follows through tomorrow or Wednesday. I REALLY like the design of his bumper simply way better than everything else I've seen, so I'm still willing to give him a chance to get it here.

Thanks for the update. He has assured me that mine will ship out tomorrow or Wednesday. I also agree that he seems to have good intentions but unfortunately doesn't communicate very well. I told him I would have been fine with the timeline he's currently on, and wouldn't have been upset if he hadn't told me two weeks ago that it was going out once on a Monday, then again on a Wednesday - that was mid-March. But combined with the press he's received here, and then complete radio silence for a week or two why wouldn't I think I was getting ripped off? He's been communicating through instagram with me the last few days. We'll see if he follows through tomorrow or Wednesday. I REALLY like the design of his bumper simply way better than everything else I've seen, so I'm still willing to give him a chance to get it here.
Sooo, any luck?

He emailed me the details on pricing: down payment, due at completion, shipping. But, after seeing all of this, I told him that I didn't trust him and he had a bad reputation on the internet. He replied that I should check out his last couple of Google reviews. I didn't think that was all that convincing. I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Sooo, any luck?

He emailed me the details on pricing: down payment, due at completion, shipping. But, after seeing all of this, I told him that I didn't trust him and he had a bad reputation on the internet. He replied that I should check out his last couple of Google reviews. I didn't think that was all that convincing. I'm spending my money elsewhere.
Smart move. If the feedback on this thread is half-true, he should be taking no more sales until he can catch up on existing orders. Taking new orders while others are months behind and those buyers are being strung along is a massive red flag that the dude is either not legit or hasn't learned a thing.

Sooo, any luck?

Nope. And he quit corresponding.....again. I sent him a few instagram messages asking for updates - got none. So yesterday I asked him to refund my money or I'd contact my credit card company today and start the process of fraud. Not sure how that will go, but that's the plan. Can't figure the guy out, but I would not recommend giving him any money.

So here's the timeline. I sent him initial deposit Feb 6 after lots of good correspondence and him assuring me he could make me one despite my honest feedback that he'd been getting bad press and I was unsure about him being able to fulfill the order. He said 6-8 weeks. On March 15th he says he's almost finished with the bumper, send final payment so it can ship out "latest Monday the 20th". It didn't. I asked on the 21st - he said it will "go out tomorrow with tracking". It didn't. I asked for a few more updates. No response. April 3rd I send him a nastier note on Instagram asking if he's ripping me off - you've had my money for two weeks, etc. He responds on the 6th saying no he's not ripping me or anyone off - big song and dance about how a few people who were backordered "caught wind of production" and I'm sure reamed him out so he had to do those first. He said he's trying to clean up his image, etc "got hit with credit card charge back without communication that delayed yours" blah blah blah. Lots of nice communication then when he had bought more time. But it was going to go out the 11th or 12th of April. It didn't. I made lots of requests for updates the last week or so. Finally told him this weekend that I'd call my CC company and submit a bad charge / fraud request Monday (yesterday) if I didn't hear from him. He never responded yesterday (no response since April 9) so I submitted to my CC company. Lo and behold who messages me today?? Yep. "Charge backs don't get things rolling if you're looking for the bumper" LOL. I can post my response but it's long. Anyway I said "Nah, give me my money back" and a lot more.

I think he's trying to use money he's getting to finish off projects he's behind on and then stringing the new people along as long as possible to try to catch up, saying just enough to keep them thinking it will eventually get shipped. And it may have. According to his original timeline he's 3 weeks past the high end of his 8 week timeline. But he's had my money for 35 days with no shipment, so I'm done.

Also for those who like his bumper, try the GXOR Facebook group - flexusaurous makes one and I ordered this one from SMS metal. Looks similar enough without the hassle. SMS metal bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom