New purchase. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchasing a 2007 next week. History of service through Lexus until 2020, owner I am buying from also has good documented info. About 218,000 miles, seems to run great. Going to use as a second vehicle and enjoy the V8. Dobinsons lift done in 2021, rides great. Will need to check into ac not blowing cold, hopefully just needs a charge. Tire low indicated light is on, but tires are full, read it may be the spare? Timing belt/water pump done ant 197k, alternator Replaced around 150k. Anything I should look into right away Or just drive until an issue arises? That is my 4runner in the pic, so I am familiar with Toyota vehicles.
IMG_0056.jpeg
IMG_0057.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks solid! Did you get a pre-purchase inspection? The TPMS light is 99% the spare. LOL If the history, timing/water pump and current condition is good then you're good.

Looks solid! Did you get a pre-purchase inspection? The TPMS light is 99% the spare. LOL If the history, timing/water pump and current condition is good then you're good.
I did the inspection/test drive. Picking it up next week so we can get all the paperwork in order beforehand. Going to drop it at my mechanic for the ac, and maybe do some rust conversion underneath where there is surface rust. It also had the muffler delete done, not sure if I need to do anything?
This was on multiple records, not sure what it is about?
SERVICE: FLOOR MAT INSPECTION
DESCRIPTION: ~|~INSPECT DRIVER'S FLOOR MAT FOR PROPER INSTALLATION, REMOVE ANY NON-LEXUS FLOOR MAT AND PUT INTO TRUNK AND ADVISE CLIENT OF PROPER INSTALLATION ~|~. ~|~.

I did the inspection/test drive. Picking it up next week so we can get all the paperwork in order beforehand. Going to drop it at my mechanic for the ac, and maybe do some rust conversion underneath where there is surface rust. It also had the muffler delete done, not sure if I need to do anything?
DESCRIPTION: ~|~INSPECT DRIVER'S FLOOR MAT FOR PROPER INSTALLATION, REMOVE ANY NON-LEXUS FLOOR MAT AND PUT INTO TRUNK AND ADVISE CLIENT OF PROPER INSTALLATION ~|~. ~|~.
Don't worry about the mat thing. As for the exhaust, if you want to be loud with unbearable drone then leave it on. I had an '08 that I put on a smaller muffler and that thing droned badly. A complete muffler delete is going to be absolutely unbearable.

Don't worry about the mat thing. As for the exhaust, if you want to be loud with unbearable drone then leave it on. I had an '08 that I put on a smaller muffler and that thing droned badly. A complete muffler delete is going to be absolutely unbearable.
not worried, just curious. The drone did not seem bad on the drive, used a decibel app on my phone, same level as my 2014 4runner. He still has the muffler, so I could reinstall. These guys did a video, sounded about the same, but better workmanship on the one I am buying.

not worried, just curious. The drone did not seem bad on the drive, used a decibel app on my phone, same level as my 2014 4runner. He still has the muffler, so I could reinstall. These guys did a video, sounded about the same, but better workmanship on the one I am buying.

The drone to me was most noticeable at highway speeds. But it is subjective for each person so you do you! Welcome to the GX club. :D

The mat inspection is a result of the "runaway prius" hysteria that swept the nation back in 2009. That note gets added to any and all services done to Toyota/Lexus vehicles now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom