new purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just got a 2013 lx570 this last weekend with 75k miles. Silver exterior black interior.

Couple questions.

What mechanical or preventative stuff should i look at right now?

For the powered lift gate: it works with the button on the dash and the remote, but it does not work from the button on the tailgate itself. I did not find any info in the manual on what the 2 buttons on the liftgate do. Can someone tell me if the POWERED liftgate is supposed to work from the back and also what those buttons do?

Two buttons - one is the lock/unlock button (smaller bubble type) . The other is to open the top part of the hatch. If the car is locked you have to press and hold in order for it to open.

Congrats on the purchase. Search here for Radiator Crack, yours is getting enough miles to have to start thinking about it.

Beyond that you have a ton of research to do. It’ll depend on your service history and a bunch of other factors like how you plan to use it.

Welcome, and post some pics. Also as you do work consider adding to the knowledge base here.

Congrats on the purchase. Search here for Radiator Crack, yours is getting enough miles to have to start thinking about it.

Beyond that you have a ton of research to do. It’ll depend on your service history and a bunch of other factors like how you plan to use it.

Welcome, and post some pics. Also as you do work consider adding to the knowledge base here.

Why would he have "a ton of research to do" for general maintenance on a Toyota Land Cruiser with 75k miles on it?

Would anyone recommend getting rid of the wheel locks? Never been a fan of them and this car came with 3 adapters for removing them.

See pics.

20201210_121904.jpg

20201210_130430.jpg

20201210_121943.jpg

Nice looking truck! I hate the wheel locks. I removed them off of my last LC and don't have any on my new LC.

Why would he have "a ton of research to do" for general maintenance on a Toyota Land Cruiser with 75k miles on it?
Because some people will say to change the starter as PM before 100k, others will disagree.

Maybe I’m projecting my level of care for my vehicles on the OP.. but IMO there is a “ton” to learn here.

Nice LX, congrats on the purchase!

The power liftgate function does not work from the back trunk buttons. The smaller button will lock the car and the larger button will open the tailgate manually. I've never understood why. It wasn't until more recently (maybe '16?) that the button on the tailgate will open it with the power function.

Would anyone recommend getting rid of the wheel locks? Never been a fan of them and this car came with 3 adapters for removing them.
I can definitely recommend sh*tcanning the wheel locks ASAP. Nothing but a potential headache IMHO

The part number for stock lugs is 90942-01103, but they are pretty expensive for what they are. Probably worth seeing whether someone has leftovers from switching wheels. They are the same as on 08-current landcruisers for the record.

The part number for stock lugs is 90942-01103, but they are pretty expensive for what they are. Probably worth seeing whether someone has leftovers from switching wheels. They are the same as on 08-current landcruisers for the record.
I have some spares I could send you. I'm running the black PVD version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom