New parts for my CDN M101!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got some new Gamma goat lights, new M416 wire harness, and molded cable and just finished pressure washing underneath the trailer which looks alot better. What is the best stuff to paint the underside with, without having to do alot of prep work? should I undercoat it with like POR15 or since it already has some type of undercoating just paint it?

Last edited:
If you want to use POR you have to strip the rubber coating off.

I would spray some bed liner under there. OR get spray cans of rubberized undercoating.

Bedilner comes in spray cans too.

POR is great. but you almost need to start from sandblasted or heavy sanded painted(36 grit).

If you were going to bed liner the inside, go buy a gallon of bedliner and one of those undercoating guns. If you have an air compressor. If not, use spray bombs.

Looking good.

So what are you going to use the big rubber harness for? Be cool if you could get the vehicle side of the connector.

Thanks brown bear, I will probably do the spray can undercoating then for I dont want to put alot of effort into the underside since it is pretty well coated anyway, I will be bedlining the inside though so will have to buy a compressor in which I need anyway. I am going to have the outside, inside, axle, springs, and front bars and pintle sandblasted since it would be hard to sand, I really did not realize how big the molded cable was until I got it wow!!! the company I bought it from does have the vehicle side plug and cover but I was planning on trying to incorporate a regular 4 prong end on? maybe not now though?

If you are going to blast all that other stuff you might consider doing the bottom as well. However, from your pictures the outside looks nice. That Military finish will last for decades upon decades... I would scuff it and paint right over it. I think too many people are blasting off one of the most durable finishes you will find, just because everyone else is doing it.

If you are going to undercoat it, I have had great results with the 3M rubberized spray can stuff, it goes on easy and clean.

If you want to make it a different color, I would sand it down for prep only and spray away! Then you will retain the military spec first layers and keep your trailer in great shape longer.

Just my .02

Drew

good point, I just went and bought some prfessional grade rubberrized spray cans (took 4) and sprayed the whole underneath really good and will probably take yuor advice on hitting it with a slight sanding for when it gets painted. The inside will get bedlined so I will do the same on inside as well. now I just need to get springs sandblasted for they were pretty flaky and start putting the underneath back together.

Reberto
Where are u getting parts for your trailer from. Is there someplace in NC that carries parts?

Thanks
Dave

I have been getting most my parts like the lights and wire harness from saturnsurplus.com, I got the NOS M416 safety chains on ebay and I got the response shocks from NAPA, and the new poly bushings for the springs from SOR.Rob

that saturn surplus looks pretty cool. Is it nearby?

I actually dont even know where they are located??? lots of parts though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom