New Owner lots of ideas and some questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody.
Just bought 08 fj black.
The info on this site has been very helpful in my purchase and planned mods. Here is the list, if there are any sugestions or problems, any input would be appreciated.
Wont be doing and "crawling" here in LA. but ther will be plenty of mud.
1. Procomp black rims and Procomp 285/70/17 AT's
2. 3" lift (OME med and 140/141 shocks) But talking to dealer about doing the lift and they say There people dont replace back spring??? very little if any towing.
3. Tube bumper with receiver hitch and bull bar from Toy Outfitters
4. Paint everything that is silver, Flat black primed with adhesion promoter.
5.Flat black roof? may leave it white with everything else black.

Again thanks for all the info. it has been very helpful:clap:

you have to get the mud welcome

:flipoff2:

Youre gonna love the bumper. U should just install the lift yourself. No need to pay the dealership a arm and a leg.

Where are u located?

leave that roof white. You'll appreciate it in the summer.

I have an 07 TRD with the black roof, and it's not too bad in summer. Of course FLAT black may absorb a lot more heat.

X2 on loving the bumper, I have mine on order right now and should be done in a few weeks. will be posting up pics when I get it installed, I did mine with the permanent winch mount and stinger. Have you looked into a coilover lift like Icon or SAW, depending on what type off wheeling you do, you could overheat your OME shocks pretty fast...just a thought

Glad others like that bumper. Was waiting for toy outfitters to reply to an email about some slight changes but no response. may need to call them.
As far as the lift. Confused a bit. too many choices. But not going to be doing anything too rough. but do want to do it right the first time.
Skinum- I am in folsom Louisiana.
Thanks for the input ya'll

Glad others like that bumper. Was waiting for toy outfitters to reply to an email about some slight changes but no response. may need to call them.
As far as the lift. Confused a bit. too many choices. But not going to be doing anything too rough. but do want to do it right the first time.

U can get him on the blueroom.... fjcruiserforums.com as NCFJ. Im sure if you call him he will get back to ya though.

I have not received any E-mails from you

Stan
TheToyoutfitters.com

what aspects of the lift are you confused on? What type of wheeling do you do? send me a pm if you want.

Congrats on New FJ......

I have a TRD with black roof, I like the look, but I would not paint the roof flat black.
Clean up of baked on bird droppings or sap is tough enough with high gloss.
About 2 years ago, I had some white line paint from a hotel parking lot restripe settle on my truck and I spent half my life one weekend hand buffing those speckles off every horizontal flat surface. The roof was particularily gruesome with the roof rack, had it been flat I think it would needed a repaint......gm.

Full disclosure!

I bought the all black TRD because I really liked the look (especially now with black pro-comp steelies).

But to be 100% honest, the wife said "that paint scheme looks like a Tonka truck I HATE IT...GET THE TRD"!!

I said "OK"!

Yes, the black roof is high maintenance (but my wife's really not)!

I am not a huge fan of that all white roof. But WOW they want a bunch to paint it.
Thinking about black racing stripes... no, really. Might look good.

For the terrain the OME should be a well enough lift. Watch out for all the little clearance issues if you plan to do it yourself. SETX Piney Woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom