New owner bad fj-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I thought that I would be writing this in the iron pig forum, but I decided that I would not find the exact pig that would work for me. So I broadened my search and found one that was almost a perfect match for my wish list.
New motor, crate 350 with 40 k on it. Plus TPI fuel injection, plus AA overdrive adapter mated to 4 speed.
Plus warn wench, plus HD rear bumper with 2" reciever.
Plus good interior......well the dude smoked so i'll be looking for a 5gal size of Frebreeze. Supposed to get 17+ mpg with od. We'll see. 2500rpm @ 70mph....maybe.

Can't pick it up for two freaking weeks, my schedule probs not his.

Downs.... weelllll it stinks, has rust bubbles under the paint on bottoms of the door. Not bad I hope. Front carpet is dirty, gee only took 20 yrs to do that.
Mufflers are louder than I want.
Would like to have new springs to get me 3" more, (wouldn't we all)

Biggest worry is getting the rust stopped. Anyone know some one that does this on the side in Bellingham? May just go with flat black on bottom of the sides, even thinking about doing the hood. White (of course) can tend to glare.

Also got a full set of CHAINS and real chains too, guy said he didn't use them unless snow was over 2' deep.
Extra water pump, extra new gear reduction starter other misc stuff.

His after market cruise control stopped working, might be the pickup on rear drive shaft, its currently held on with a nylon zip tie???

Couple of months ago, od started whining, he had the complete gear set (almost) replaced, and the 4speed checked out, replaced one synchro and one bearing,
drained fluid from both axles and repacked bearings, all new U-joints.

This thing should rock. Test drive was great, stopped good, can't wait to do the front caliper upgrade and add disks to the rear!!!
z9gR7wmIzbH54zpYHeVm3hVlExfI.jpg

Driving lights, and headlight washers even work. Although he left a wrench on tank and its cracked on top.
Now I have to think of a name for her......

Long live cruisers!!

Tator

SOA it and wheel the pee outa it ... looks nice

Looks great and welcome :flipoff2: . What's all that going on up front?

Picked the cruiser up in eastern Or, dude was Pete, has had it 17 yrs as his fish'n, camp'n vehicle. At 70 he decided to let it go.

Bruno maybe,,,,nah to obvious. Should be a girls name anyway.....hmmmmm

Looks like your rear end is sagging.
Welcome to Mud :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom