New Member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actively purchasing a 97 40th anniversary ed with 180k. I’ve been on this forum but never registered until now. Following the directions of initial membership.

Michael in Charleston SC
Welcome!

First rule of mud: pictures or it didn't happen.

images (4).jpeg

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Its got a very nice damage multiplier on it.
Oh and welcome to MUD! :flipoff2:

Welcome to Mud :flipoff2:

Welp guess if you want an 80 now you are going to have to get a second one. She'll probably claim that one for herself.

Welcome to the money pit! Any ideas on the build you have in mind? You'll be poorer but happier;)
BTW, mine also is a 97, 40th edition (with factory lockers!!)
Cheers!

Welcome to MUD !!

Pictures of the 40th available?

Welcome to the money pit! Any ideas on the build you have in mind? You'll be poorer but happier;)
BTW, mine also is a 97, 40th edition (with factory lockers!!)
Cheers!
I’ve wanted one for decades finally made the plunge. I’m thinking 2.5 ome lift with 35s. Baselining it first though. This one does not have the factory lockers. May add them though. My daily is a 30 yr old mb e diesel I’ve had for a decade. I’m used to spending money to keep it right

Welcome to the addiction. Decades of longing makes for a happy boy! Baselining is a great way to get an idea of what works and doesn’t for your needs. If it has been thought of, it has been documented on MUD. I am always amazed at what others have achieved on their vehicles. There are examples that range from mild to wild with the 80 series. Congratulations on your purchase and I look forward to seeing the journey of making the rig yours (Or your wife’s as mentioned above).

A lot of people here talk about "baselining". In my experience, I don't think that process ever finishes, the bar just gets lower and lower for what constitutes "urgent maintenance" :D. Basically just be prepared to hand over your bank card to your parts supplier on a permanent basis and you'll be fine.

A lot of people here talk about "baselining". In my experience, I don't think that process ever finishes, the bar just gets lower and lower for what constitutes "urgent maintenance" :D. Basically just be prepared to hand over your bank card to your parts supplier on a permanent basis and you'll be fine.
This but also welcome to the insanity! :rofl:

@manco1921 hope you got a good deal, the rear of this thing is rusty!

I’m sending it straight to Trollholes in the upstate SC first and plan to drop some coin to get it right

Awesome man keep us posted! Looking to send my 80 somewhere to get buttoned up, heard nothing but good about Trollholes

I’ve wanted one for decades finally made the plunge. I’m thinking 2.5 ome lift with 35s. Baselining it first though. This one does not have the factory lockers. May add them though. My daily is a 30 yr old mb e diesel I’ve had for a decade. I’m used to spending money to keep it right
Sounds like a plan to me indeed. FWIW, I also run the OME 2.5-with HD springs to handle the weight of the ARB, Kaymar carrier and gear. I'm really happy with the system.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom