New Member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick update fellas,

My landcruiser shop in SC told me i have a bad apple. They said the Rust underneath is too bad to save. My options are to use it as a parts truck or sell it.

Disclosure: i'm in the "Car Business" & have been for two decades. I can not & will not sell this to someone else knowing this.

My Shopforman at work 30 years with Mercedes Benz & solid axle G wagons: is going to try and help me out.

Wish i had better to report, but is what it is.

That is rough. Well if you have some good pictures of the rust so others know, I am sure you can find someone who will be interested as long as they know what parts are bad and which ones might be good for their build etc. If you part it out yourself you might get more money and be able to put that back to the next one you get. it is just more work. I know you probably don't want to spend a ton of money so maybe reach out to @slow95z to get it out of your way quick.

Parts truck, sounds like me for sure

‘tis but a scratch. Man, that stinks. I hope that this does not discourage your search. There are some fine examples out there to be found. Trollhole is active on the forum and with a lot of the clubs. With Marshall’s eyes on your next rig it will be a great journey.

‘tis but a scratch. Man, that stinks. I hope that this does not discourage your search. There are some fine examples out there to be found. Trollhole is active on the forum and with a lot of the clubs. With Marshall’s eyes on your next rig it will be a great journey.
Not discouraged, & thanks for the support. I'm going to wait until i finally see it this week & My shopforman has eyes on it.

@manco1921 may I have dibs on the flares and fuel door if/when you start parting it out?

D92D4D79-AD01-4DB2-84C4-FFEF66B62E45.jpeg

@manco1921 may I have dibs on the flares and fuel door if/when you start parting it out?

View attachment 2795295
I've decided to do something crazy & try to rebuild. My Shopforman at work promised me he'll see it through. Told me to look for a rolling chassis. Found a locked one on this forum. Hope to have the swap done late November.

Now just wondering what else i should be doing while i have the chassis off.

I've decided to do something crazy & try to rebuild. My Shopforman at work promised me he'll see it through. Told me to look for a rolling chassis. Found a locked one on this forum. Hope to have the swap done late November.

Now just wondering what else i should be doing while i have the chassis off.
Fellas , looking for some input. Getting close to finally doing chassis swap. Noticed this part was holding water before I pulled it in the shop. I know the body will be on top , but should I drill a hole so water can drain?

D1B05648-C700-48F7-B5A8-8BD1970CFC5C.jpeg

1749C731-432D-4DD8-BC0B-685DF427D63F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom