New Member w/ Questions a/b 04 LC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought an 04 Landcruiser with nav and have several questions. I feel like I got an incredible deal at $37100. :D The Nav DVD was stolen (can I get an inexpensive one other than the dealer?) so many of the screen functions do not work. Would this affect the rear camera?(pic doesn't show up) It has 60,000 miles but looks and drive perfect. I noticed it does have the "clunk" :doh: Is this common in the new ones as well? Remedy? Will that hurt anything If I don't address it immediately? By the way there are several functions I wasn't aware that it had like the computer that calcs MPG and miles to empty.... nice! Also bluetooth on the 04's! I thought that was only on 05's! I am alittle worried about the Nav. Does not having the CD limit many funtions?

Welcome!
the DVD can be bought at the dealer. Not cheap, indeed. Ask around for somebody who'd like a new one and would sell the old?
I would think the Nav system is pretty much useless without the mapping.

Rear cam should come on, mine does with no map dvd present, may want to see if wiring is intact, ebay is the best (cheapest)source for a replacement dvd.

Is there a special part number to look for on Ebay? What is a good price? I thought the camera should come on.... bummer.:frown: I hope it is an easy fix. Anybody else have a problem with their rearview camera? I have to say that is one of the main reasons I went with an 04. Great for hooking up a hitch without someone guiding you!:)

agreed....I LOVE the backup cam when hitching a trailer, it's even better than someone guiding you. Left, i mean right, no left..no too far, back right..

oh, and the only place to buy OEM stuff is from CDan, not the local dealer...

Thanks for the feedback guys! CDan? I did a search on the internet and came up with nothing. :rolleyes: Can I get some more info?

Gene3x said:
Thanks for the feedback guys! CDan? I did a search on the internet and came up with nothing. :rolleyes: Can I get some more info?

He's our local parts guru. Offers big discounts to MUD members. He doesn't hang around the 100 forum, though, he's an armored 80 tough kinda guy! :) Check the FAQs.

Looks like I may need to use him as I just found out the original camera is bad! Dealer cost to replace....... $800 :doh: You guys were not kidding about the cost of parts! The camera on the back of the vehicle???? It probably has a chip in it that can only be used with the Nav system for them to justify charging that! I need to talk to CDan for sure. That just raised my purchase price on the vehicle!:eek:

Ok.... I checked the FAQ and the Member list to send him a message and all I found was a CDaniel aka Cliff Daniel Is this the guy? I sent him a message but saw nothing else even close. Am I mentally challenged? :)

Gene3x said:
Ok.... I checked the FAQ and the Member list to send him a message and all I found was a CDaniel aka Cliff Daniel Is this the guy? I sent him a message but saw nothing else even close. Am I mentally challenged? :)

maybe, but we can't tell yet. :)

It's "CruiserDan" but it's best to call him at American Toyota. I don't have the number handy, but it's all over the place. Or send him a PM asking for the number. I bet this call will save you at least $100 on that camera. But don't you have some sort of warranty on the beast?

Since it is a 2004, wouldn't it be under warranty??, and the camera be covered by warranty (unles it has been physically damaged by backing into something)

100 TD said:
Since it is a 2004, wouldn't it be under warranty??, and the camera be covered by warranty (unles it has been physically damaged by backing into something)

The warranty just ran out..... 61112 on the odometer. :frown: That is why I got such a steal on the thing! :D

I found out through much extensive research that Eclipse make the cameras for the toyotas. Dealer quote for camera and install= $800+ Already found the camera on ebay for $179:D

By the way thanks for the info on CruiserDan! I was sweating a little....

Gene3x said:
The warranty just ran out..... 61112 on the odometer. :frown: That is why I got such a steal on the thing! :D

I found out through much extensive research that Eclipse make the cameras for the toyotas. Dealer quote for camera and install= $800+ Already found the camera on ebay for $179:D

OK, it's 60K but didn't you just buy the thing? they didn't give you any warranty at all, like 3K, 3 months or something? At least ask!

That was part of the negotiations. I get it checked by my service dealer and if it checks out I get no warranty and a killer price! It all checked out except for the camera and no Nav Dvd which I figured cannot be that big of a deal! I am finding that neither one is.

If you buy an old NAV DVD be careful. There are some flawed ones out there that required replacement. Poeple got the replacement then sold the original one to unsuspecting buyers. The new NAV DVD for this year was just released.

Maybe part of the deal buying one from the dealer is that you could try it out to see that it works before buying it.

What is the newest version? Does anyone know? There is a guy on Ebay selling Version 4.2 Should I stay clear of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom