New member, new truck. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This it is my first real entry into 4wd's. Years ago I had a short wheel base mq patrol with the l28 carbie engine which was terribly underpowered and shocking on fuel.

It was a fun to hack around but I never trusted it's reliability deep in bush to get me home, so in turn I never took it on any exciting remote trails. I sold up years ago and have had only road going cars since.

I happened to see this BJ74 pop up in the national auto trader website but it was located on the other side of the country so getting a viewing was difficult/expensive. A few phone calls and some additional photos from the seller, I was confident in its condition to buy sight unseen.

Due to terrible flooding in the eastern states, transport had been affected resulting in a 1 month delay in getting the car to my side of the country. It was a long wait for the rig I was so keen to see in person.

Finally it arrived and I was more than happy with the condition.

It's a 1988 Japanese market BJ74v
13bt auto
24v
Factory pto winch
Full floater rear with lsd.

p1040262r.jpg

p1040265d.jpg

p1040263e.jpg

p1040272l.jpg

p1040266d.jpg

p1040277y.jpg

p1040274g.jpg

Nice little rig, she'll treat you well assuming you return the favor.

Cheers!

One month delay...ONE MONTH DELAY!!! Crikey, i fantasize about a one month delay, that would be the feline's behind! Gorgeous-looking car, sir; i hope it serves you well.

I'm curious, what do 70's like this go for Down Under?

Auto's had a footrest!

Where did you find the black beauty, my first bj74 was that model, just wondering if this it is 10 years later, I sold it a guy in rainbow beach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom