New member intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for the add. I recently acquired this 1997 Landcruiser (not locked) in a trade for a 1996 Tacoma. I’m excited to start building this beauty. This is my first Landcruiser. First of all I need to repair those famous oil leaks. Thanks again.
D29BEE80-5223-4830-89E6-EC3783F6F829.jpeg
55BC7353-4F02-471E-895E-6FA61FA68C2C.jpeg
9C0CD854-A656-4257-805C-B61C26A2F873.jpeg

She's a beauty! Some bronze wheels would make her pop!

Enjoy the journey and hopefully many happy miles ahead. This is the nicest community on earth and I'm sure the appropriate MUD greeting will be forthcoming.

Welcome. I’d say you won on the trade. Congrats

Miles? Locked? Plans?

If keeping mild post up a wanted add and stay tuned to classifieds for a front bumper and flare. Those are easy items to freshen her up

Thanks for the add. I recently acquired this 1997 Landcruiser (not locked) in a trade for a 1996 Tacoma. I’m excited to start building this beauty. This is my first Landcruiser. First of all I need to repair those famous oil leaks. Thanks again.
View attachment 3061497View attachment 3061498View attachment 3061499
I know about those oil leaks. Under my 1991 Land Cruiser are about 4 little leaks with different colors of oil or liquid. It has been suggested that we just have some worn gaskets.

Welcome. I’d say you won on the trade. Congrats

Miles? Locked? Plans?

If keeping mild post up a wanted add and stay tuned to classifieds for a front bumper and flare. Those are easy items to freshen her up
Thanks, I was second guessing myself at first but I think your right. I love my cruiser.

Has 233k miles not locked and plans are to make it reliable again by fixing basic maintenance.

I’m keeping an eye for those small repair items I need like driver side mirror, flare, bumper and maybe ARB bumper

I know about those oil leaks. Under my 1991 Land Cruiser are about 4 little leaks with different colors of oil or liquid. It has been suggested that we just have some worn gaskets.
On mine I think it’s the oil pump gasket and front main seal. I also have a check engine light for P0401 EGR

Amazon has side mirrors that come in black only. I believe ~70 each. Not oem but not terrible

Welcome to MUD!! :flipoff2:

These rigs are easy to work on, the parts are big, there's good access to most everything, and mechanically they are as simple as a farm implement. Just feed it OEM parts and keep the maintenance up to snuff and it'll get you home. I've taken mine on a 3500 mile trip and a 1500 mile trip this year alone.

Have fun with the new toy. :)

Welcome to MUD!! :flipoff2:

These rigs are easy to work on, the parts are big, there's good access to most everything, and mechanically they are as simple as a farm implement. Just feed it OEM parts and keep the maintenance up to snuff and it'll get you home. I've taken mine on a 3500 mile trip and a 1500 mile trip this year alone.

Have fun with the new toy. :)
Thank you for the advice. I’m a big believer in OEM parts and have a big list to bring it up back to par

Welcome, its a clean addiction.

Hi all,

New to the site. Haven't really posted much to any sites. The accumulated knowledge on this site is amazing, it's already helped out. Ill be soaking it in and inputting when I can.
Anyways this is my 1994 Land Cruiser. I pretty much use it off road exclusively to explore the many lakes, rivers and other natural beauty's that we have on Vancouver Island.
Its in pretty rough shape which I don't mind as I take it down any road no matter how grown in it is. A paint job would pretty much put a stop to that. Its a US model with 260000 miles on it, and I don't think much was maintained. I've enjoyed replacing seals, hoses, belts... trouble shooting wiring issues, etc. it's all part of the journey... I guess.

Anyways, that's my intro. I hope to read more threads and eventually become competent enough to be able to help someone out in the future.

Happy Wheeling!

IMG_6721.PNG

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

Hi all,

New to the site. Haven't really posted much to any sites. The accumulated knowledge on this site is amazing, it's already helped out. Ill be soaking it in and inputting when I can.
Anyways this is my 1994 Land Cruiser. I pretty much use it off road exclusively to explore the many lakes, rivers and other natural beauty's that we have on Vancouver Island.
Its in pretty rough shape which I don't mind as I take it down any road no matter how grown in it is. A paint job would pretty much put a stop to that. Its a US model with 260000 miles on it, and I don't think much was maintained. I've enjoyed replacing seals, hoses, belts... trouble shooting wiring issues, etc. it's all part of the journey... I guess.

Anyways, that's my intro. I hope to read more threads and eventually become competent enough to be able to help someone out in the future.

Happy Wheeling!

View attachment 3073633

View attachment 3073634

View attachment 3073635
Breakfast in bed is hard to beat! Love it!
Is that an old school pressurized Coleman stove? I haven't cooked on one of those in forever. Always a little exciting to spark off, especially when the generator is fighting you. But there nothing that sounds like them when running right, man talk about memories flooding in.
Propane is just so convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom