New LSLC website (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gary,

Fund raiser. You should look into having the "Emblem" on the opening page reproduced, in metal if possible, to sell to members. It's an awesome design and would look good on a tailgate...

Hey Guys,

The new site is now officially launched.

Due to lingering tiny error in the membership payment process I have deactivated registration for now. This should be up within days.

This is just the first stage, with much more planned as time goes on.

Please let us know of any errors you may find and we are open to comments, questions, or suggestions you may have!

Chris "Maverick" Gray

Last edited:
It looks great...nice graphics. How do I get on the member's list?

I think my LSLC dues are paid up...do I have to register somehow?

David, I could be wrong, but what we talked about the other day at the DFW meeting was to require everybody to pay dues before they could register on the site. Then you would be paid up through the end of '07.

A couple of wording changes I would recommend...

Under "About Us", it mentions us publishing the LSLC Register. We haven't done that in 4 or 5 years. We should probably remove that.

Also under the "Join" section... I think we should add the FJ Cruiser as an acceptable vehicle for membership.
I'm also not sure about the need to own a Land Cruiser to be an officer of the club. We're violating that now anyway.

That's a good point Jason.

Frankly, that whole first part sounds kind of off base.

"Membership is open to anyone having a valid driver's license and more importantly, a Land Cruiser. We will accept memberships from owners who do not own a Land Cruiser, but your vehicle must be a Toyota four wheel drive pickup or 4 Runner. You must own a Land Cruiser to hold an office in the Club."

the "We will accept memberships..." sounds kind of condescending, as if "we will grudgingly take your money, but if you have a desire to serve the club you will be denied the opportunity..."

That's okay if LSLC wants to remain focused on Cruisers- there's nothing wrong with making that decision. Many TLCA clubs have resisted being the TLCA trend of being truly inclusive to non-Cruisers... just read some of the by-laws out there.

However, if LSLC wants to open the door to Toyota four-wheel drive enthusiasts, then open the door all the way and re-write that part.

I guess it comes down to making a decision and commitment to what the purpose and membership of LSLC will be... either way is okay, but the course should be black & white, with no shades of gray.

valkyrie610 said:
However, if LSLC wants to open the door to Toyota four-wheel drive enthusiasts, then open the door all the way and re-write that part.
I think we always intended for it to be open to all Toyota 4x4's. The wording just wasn't the nicest way to put it.
How do you think it should read?

Maybe say we're open to all Toyotas with a low range. That'll keep those RAV4 bastards out!

:flipoff2:

JasonH said:
I think we always intended for it to be open to all Toyota 4x4's. The wording just wasn't the nicest way to put it.
How do you think it should read?

Maybe say we're open to all Toyotas with a low range. That'll keep those RAV4 bastards out!

:flipoff2:
What the heck is wrong with the RAV? Granted, it's not as nice as the Sienna AWD...:grinpimp:

I don't think the wording is the issue yet, and it's simple to change. The point I was trying to make is that the club ought to decide which direction to take (exclusive or inclusive), and go 100% in that direction, without waffling.

Everything on the website sounds as if it very much a Land Cruiser Club. That is fine if that is so, just omit any conflicting information.

It might be a bigger issue than can/should be discussed here, but making a full commitment to a course is more than just putting the words on the website- everyone needs to be bought in on the purpose & direction that the club takes before the words are written.

We've taken kind of a left turn here, but what the hell......

I don't want to speak for the club, but here's what I think.. When Jim and Tom and Jeff, etc. first got together, I believe it was intended to be a Land Cruiser club. That's also when the bylaws were written. Since that time, we have evolved into a general Toyota 4x4 club with an emphasis on the Land Cruiser, but have welcomed all Toyotas equally. Even in the very early days, we always had someone in the club that didn't have a Cruiser. I think we re-wrote the bylaws to include pickups so we could get Taco Tim to pay dues. :D

For the purposes of this club, I can't think of any reasons why we would exclude anybody.

Me neither. Chris is getting me administrator login stuff, so as we progress changes can be made. As Jason stated were were an exclusively LandCruiser club , but have swayed some to allow other 4wd Toyota to join and wheel with us. Keep in mind that this is the first make over that LSLC has gone through since its inception. Our Bylaws are being updated and we are making the changes, but I like the idea of everyone making comments so we can discuss all the options here first.

uh, not to get back on topic or anything, but the site looks damn nice... :bounce:

who does someone schmooze with to get included on the list-o-links?

;)

woody said:
uh, not to get back on topic or anything, but the site looks damn nice... :bounce:

who does someone schmooze with to get included on the list-o-links?

;)

Once registration is open, members can submit their own links, subject to admin approval of course.

In the mean time I can add them, Im assuming you were talking about this site.

Do you want to be adding in the offroad sites, cruiser sites, or.. a new catagory?

Let me know and ill add it

lol...no matter, probably Cruiser sites...or Forums maybe....

"just happy to be nominated"

All cool by me. Just to clarify, I wasn't advocating one course over the other, and Gary certainly knows I am not about 'exclusiveness' myself, I just thought it was timely to raise the question of where LSLC was headed since we now have a snazzy website with alot of things written on it that may not be reflective of the club's current direction.

BTW, I think Chris Gray rocks at this intarweb stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom