New LSLC website (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think our direction is still mostly Landcruiser related, but with the popularity of the FJ Cruiser and with our members getting more diverse vehicle wise, I think we are accomodating more diverse vehicles as long as they conform somewhat to our Bylaws. Our club is small and with so many other car/truck clubs out there, LSLC has made a niche club out of the Landcruiser. I would prefer not to see that change too much. The TLCA seems to keep their seperate chapters following the same membership pattern. As the majority are Landcruiser owners, the pickup membership has also come around. As the FJ Cruisers gain momentum, they are getting more accepted also. I think you will see that they will be accepted in most all of the Cruiser clubs if they haven't already. They still are not a Landcruiser by the way, but a great 4wd none the less. Sorry for the ramble.
G

Like the site...

Random piece of information I came across, but fj60.com on the links page is no longer...

tx_maverick said:
Registration is currently disabled while I fix the offline payment option.
Im hoping tomorrow to have it active.

How's this coming?

Cool Chris, just let us know.

One other thing we discussed... Gary can verify if we want to change this... On the front page, we talked about changing it to "...one of the largest chapters" instead of the largest chapter. We don't want to start another counting contest.

Waggoner5 said:
There is a member of MUD called Texasbadlands that took it very seriously. It went from 1 page to 7 pages in 1 day on MUD. The thread was finally closed due to offensive stuff.
G

I think he may want to head up the San Antonio chapter...

After this initial membership sign up, all signed up/paid members will be current until Jan 2008. They will get notices then to renew. We don't have current records for existing members so by doing it this way we sort of start fresh. Members that come along mid year will be prorated to coincide with our Jan fiscal year. I know its somewhat confusing but we have to start clean to know where we are financially and total membership wise.
G

I noticed today that we lost our Tech links page and the old newsletters in the cross over.
I would like to see the link to the Gear calculators find their way back onto the site and I thought the Power steering comparison articles between Fj60, minitruck and saginaw were very useful. Plus the old newsletters let new folks get some history of the group.
As long as I am on the topic a new newsletter might be a good idea. Just a simple quarterly or bimonthly page of updated info, photos of recent trips and member articles on goings on...maybe? A Presidents column, TLCA bodrep column, stuff like that
My 0.02
CAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom