New Look (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought I hit the wrong link. Kinda cool that we are grouped under the TLCA. Now we just need to become official.

I remain, as of yet, undecided on the new look and organization of the club corner. It makes it seem as if we are a TLCA club. Not that it's a bad thing but it kinda mis-represents us as a club. The colors are much more mellow (kinda mis the harshness already). Let's just say that right now I'm up in the air. What I do know is that Woody is the man regardless of what colors our board run in. The simple fact that he's given us this place to web wheel is amazing in it's own right.

Agreed on the Woody comment - the TLCA is going through a huge rebirth - I can imagine what club support like ours can bring to its "street cred" - After all we are from AZ where the best off-highway wheeling, people, and scenery can be had ;)

We are slightly homogenized color wise... I miss our sticker on the upper left...

The jury is still out for me on the redesign. I think it is more that I was just used to the old layout and not used to this one yet.

yeah the hardest part is that the color schemes are so different it is not quite seemless

one is too dark and one is too light :(

I like it -

I am not sure I wanna join yet another club - TLCA

I have nothing against TLCA - and would vote to join if you all did not make membership in Copper State Cruiser contingent upon joining...

I always liked the Jeep on the website - guess I am just not a purist.

Just happy to go 4wheelin!

I always liked the Jeep on the website - guess I am just not a purist.

what jeep? where?

The TLCA was the first org for the Toyota FJ 40 off highway so kind of a grand father club. It is good to see things re birthing. In its ideal form the TLCA is a voice into a larger org. Which can be a good thing once it has a proper course set with the eye on camaraderie - keeping roads open and education on Off highway adventures. Lets see what progresses as our own club grows...

I have been a member of TLCA for a few years now. I really enjoy Toyota Trails and I consider it worth the price of membership just for that.

Membership in CSC will never be contingent on membership into the TLCA... PERIOD, as long as I am President or a loud mouthed voting member (if the day ever come that we need voting members). Copper State Cruisers is an Arizona Toyota 4X4 club first ALWAYS, and a charter member club second (when and if that comes to fruition).

Again no qualms with the TLCA here but we have a whole bunch of growing to do before we are ready to take that step.

BMAN said:
Membership in CSC will never be contingent on membership into the TLCA... PERIOD, as long as I am President or a loud mouthed voting member (if the day ever come that we need voting members). Copper State Cruisers is an Arizona Toyota 4X4 club first ALWAYS, and a charter member club second (when and if that comes to fruition).

Again no qualms with the TLCA here but we have a whole bunch of growing to do before we are ready to take that step.

Well said BMan!

Glad to hear it!

I agree - the magazine was great when I was a member -

1> still experimenting with colors...some issues with contrast on these....check out the ZZ- experiment in the clubs corner for the one I'm playing with....post yer opinions there...

2> when I get free time (ya) all the club logos will be re-added back in....it's on the list....trying to finalize color adjustments first

I second this. When we were first throwing this idea around, (lo, all those many moons ago. :D ) it came down to wanting to be unlike the majority of other clubs out there. No unnecessary rules. No meeting/event participation requirements. We even decided not to require membership for anything other than voting and the rare members-only event (if either of those ever happen). Elitism sucks. Unless of course you're elitist because you wheel a Toyota. :grinpimp:

TLCA has many rules and requirements for participation in events and becoming a member chapter. They need to. They are a big organization. It's to protect the mostly volunteer leadership and staff from liability in this lawyerocracy. Big targets need more armor.

Now, din't say we'd live forever outside of the TLCA. We're just gonna wait til we can join on terms that suit both CSC and TLCA.

Oh, yeah, how we ended up looking pale...
chef (AKA TLCA Prez Alan) informed me of the coming changes and having all the club forums be under the TLCA banner.
I politely informed him we're not a chapter, and his response was basically "that's cool. You're still a Toyota 4x4 club, so we'd like to include you."
We do have the option to opt out of this, I think. I just gotta make nice with woody.
If there is overwhelming desire to have the old color scheme back, I'll see what I can do.
Personally, I'm waiting to see the finished product before I make a judgment.

Elitism sucks. Unless of course you're elitist because you wheel a Toyota.

That's rich coming from a heep owner! :D

We do have the option to opt out of this, I think. I just gotta make nice with woody.

I vote, it's good where it's at, no need to do anything special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom