New Knocking Noise After Dealer Visit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I just had my '23 460 in to change the HVAC blower under warranty. It was defective, and they replaced it for free. When I got the car back, I noticed that after I started the engine I would get 2-3 very loud pops from under the steering wheel area. Over time, that has turned into more of a lower volume and consistent knock/pop after initially starting the engine. It goes away after driving for a couple of minutes. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Obviously something happened at the dealership -- it would be too big of a coincidence for it not to be related.

Knocking Sound

Depending on what was actually replaced, it could be a number of things. Was it the blower motor, or the blower box? It is easy to get the blower box actuators and flaps out of "time" with each other if it was disassembled, and may be the culprit. If it was just the blower motor, it is unlikely (unless something has changed with this setup) to have anything to do with what was done. Did you also have the vehicle serviced?

Either way, like the previous post says, it would behoove you to take it back and see if they inadvertently caused the issue you are experiencing. As aggravating as it may be, they more than likely didn't do it intentionally. Most places will be happy to make you happy again!

Not a Toyota but, I had a similar issue on my Chevy truck when the dealer replaced the heater core under warranty. They messed up the timing of the vent actuators and some gears inside the system so when you started the truck all you heard was buzzing, clacking and plastic gear grinding for the first few moments. Took a trip back to the dealer for them to resync everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom