New Key Fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Master keys turn off the security light when placed into ignition. Valet keys do not.

The cable firmware is annoying not labeled on most cables. You have to check its version when plugged in using a software package that can read it, or review the sales listing where you bought it.

V2 cables should do most everything. V1 will have trouble registering TPMS, running utilities like key programming and such. V1 will still allow some write signals like convenience settings, but they won't write the "important" stuff.
I have gone through Dr Googgle and found only V1.4 cables. One site say the V2 cables are no longer made.

I have gone through Dr Googgle and found only V1.4 cables. One site say the V2 cables are no longer made.

That seems backwards, but it was tricky to track down my V2 cable so who knows. I think you can buy a cable from Toyota for some ungodly amount, but I think you have to get into their tech portal (IE bribe a Toyota employee to let you buy through them).

That seems backwards, but it was tricky to track down my V2 cable so who knows. I think you can buy a cable from Toyota for some ungodly amount, but I think you have to get into their tech portal (IE bribe a Toyota employee to let you buy through them).

Nothing on Ebay. Will have to hope a used one breaks free in the future.

Master keys turn off the security light when placed into ignition. Valet keys do not.

The cable firmware is annoying not labeled on most cables. You have to check its version when plugged in using a software package that can read it, or review the sales listing where you bought it.

V2 cables should do most everything. V1 will have trouble registering TPMS, running utilities like key programming and such. V1 will still allow some write signals like convenience settings, but they won't write the "important" stuff.
Thanks-- I posted the seller if I am getting the Master Key. If I am not - then just another brick in the wall.

Dear GAPointer

if you still have any questions regards the keyfob feel free to send me a PM (drop your phone # or I can share mine)
ill try my best to guide you for the best solution without breaking the bank a specially when you do have a working key on hand or partially working/broken etc.

I'm based in Houston Texas and I am an automotive locksmith myself and a new owner for a 99' LC.

Dear GAPointer

if you still have any questions regards the keyfob feel free to send me a PM (drop your phone # or I can share mine)
ill try my best to guide you for the best solution without breaking the bank a specially when you do have a working key on hand or partially working/broken etc.

I'm based in Houston Texas and I am an automotive locksmith myself and a new owner for a 99' LC.
Is it OK if I also PM you? I found that my single key is that master. I would really like another master as a spare. Without being able to find a V2 cable for the TechStream pretty much shuts down that path.

The seller suggested that I try to contact a key tech who service used car lots- he seems to think these key techs have the ability to laser cut keys as well as program. I guess a few of them can but I live up in the mountains and all the small used car lots near me are just mom and pop outfits and I doubt they worry about second keys for the wholesale cars/trucks that they sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom