New IH8MUD chapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy folks
I'm moving to Chelan from Redding, CA in the next 2 weeks & have a tan 87 FJ60 (among other Toyotas/80s mobiles). I'm hoping to meet up with some of you fine folks for some wheeling & wrenching when I get a little settled

Hey guys - I'm currently looking to relocate to Wenatchee. I grew up in Gig Harbor (Tacoma area), been down in the SF Bay for the past decade, and ready to get back up to the (dry side of the) PNW. I'm trying to get a handle on what the local area has to offer in regards to true 4x4 trails. I know there's plenty of National Forest and therefore service roads around, but what are the go-to trails for some decent difficulty? I'd love to connect in person once we hopefully make this move a reality.

Also, are any of you associated with the 4x4 club "High Country Cruisers"? I found it on the PNW4WDA website listed as one of the local clubs. It says a guy by the name of Dale Neuman is the point of contact. I look forward to getting to know you more!

David

@David,

Welcome to Wenatchee! This is a great area to live. Relocating here from the Bay Area will be quite a shock, I'm sure! There are about 1,000% less people, and the laws are much more relaxed about off-roading here. Also, if you're a shooter, this is a shall-issue state, and you're allowed to shoot anywhere on National Forest Land that it's safe to do so, which is pretty cool.

I don't know much about high difficulty 4x4 trails, as I don't have a rig built for that. I see some pretty serious Jeeps around town, so I'm sure there's plenty of challenge to be had. I like a good challenge for my TRD Tacoma, and have found that Burch Mountain is a good place for that, as well as the Palisades, south of town.

I have not heard of the High Country Cruisers. Sounds interesting! If you find out more, please let us know.

Tim

Howdy folks
I'm moving to Chelan from Redding, CA in the next 2 weeks & have a tan 87 FJ60 (among other Toyotas/80s mobiles). I'm hoping to meet up with some of you fine folks for some wheeling & wrenching when I get a little settled

Welcome! As I just wrote to David, Wenatchee is a great area, and I think you'll love it here. I haven't actually connected with any local Cruiser guys yet, so we'll have to get a meet-up going on soon.

Speaking of wrenching, how are you with vacuum leaks? :confused:

Thanks. I'm somewhat familiar with the area and really like it so far (my wife's family is in Chelan).
I won't claim to be an expert, but I've seen a few of the typical spots on the 2F.

Hello all, Mark Jennings from Tri-Cities Wa here. I see quite a few have answered Mountainmans initial posting. What say we do a greet and meet after the new year?

C71E8A47-E6D3-4C7B-9040-45BB0258194E.jpeg
59EC83DE-CFEA-4F87-A5A9-87F1DD1715F3.jpeg

@Mark Jennings, @tacoluver, @gbogh, @Ruggedly, @Wenatchi 79FJ40, @Toddo, @FJ80Mad, @Borrego, @CycloSteve: What place sounds like fun to meet? Somewhere off-roadish where we can admire each others rigs in action, or somewhere with a parking lot where we can stand around and admire each rigs then go eat?

I’m still working on an action plan to move over there, so I won’t be able to meet up for a couple months at least. Would love to hear how this goes though!!!

My 60 is headed to Torfab on Monday for a R2.8...Im gonna be Cruiserless for a few weeks!!

I think a parking lot meet up would be easier for most people. Sunday afternoon/evening would be the best time for me. I'm also driving my 4runner around these days, it's no Land Cruiser, but it gets the job done.

Hello to all in NCW, new to the site. Joined in 2017 but haven't been back until today. I'm originally from the area, so good to see there's still a cruiser following. I drove a '76 FJ40 when I was in high school there in the '90's and haven't been able to kick the LC bug since. We currently live in Snohomish but try to get a cruiser over there a few times a year.

That sounds both good and bad!

Agreed! They do great work. They've done some work for me and some other friends as well, haven't once heard a negative word about Tor and his crew. Sad to see Adam go but I'm sure they'll continue to be amazing to work with. Very curious to know how you like the 2.8. Seems to be an solid re-power option but hard for me to justify the $$ compared to a 4BT. Then again...I still want one!

Hello to all in NCW, new to the site. Joined in 2017 but haven't been back until today. I'm originally from the area, so good to see there's still a cruiser following. I drove a '76 FJ40 when I was in high school there in the '90's and haven't been able to kick the LC bug since. We currently live in Snohomish but try to get a cruiser over there a few times a year.
@scott76f, maybe you can make it over for our (still unplanned) meet-up this spring or summer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom