New IH8MUD chapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welcome! I looked around and noticed there wasn't a club for the Wenatchee and central Washington area, so I asked for one to be started. Brian "Woody" Swearingen quickly responded, and now we're ready to roll! I hope to hear from local folks soon, and would like to start planning an event for this summer.

Tim "Mountainman38" Gates
Wenatchee, WA
'99 TRD Tacoma
'79 FJ40 Land Cruiser

Boone 035 -round.jpg

Hi Tim,

Just bought a FJ60 and am in the process of fixing it back to health...hope to see you on the trails

I'm just a few hours away over in Coeur D Alene. There are a number of cruisers over here in Spokane/CdA area, but nobody ever gets together. I've got a 71 FJ40, 87 FJ60 and 01 LX470.

Hey Tim, glad you put the call out. I just officially joined mud after lurking for some time. I'm local in Wenatchee and have definitely spotted your sweet 40 series around town.

Hi Tim,

Just bought a FJ60 and am in the process of fixing it back to health...hope to see you on the trails
What all are you planning on doing to your 60? I almost pulled the trigger on an LS swapped '87 last summer. Still kind of sad the deal didn't work out, but in the end I found a pretty nice FZJ80 instead.

I pretty much went through it stem to stern...putting an H55f in it starting today!! I’d like to put the Cummins R2.8 in it!

Hi Tim,

Hey @tacoluver,
Good to hear from you! I don't seem to be getting notifications about posts here, so I apologize for not responding sooner.

How's progress on the 60 going? I see that you're putting an H55F in it -- very nice! I'd love a 5-speed for my 40.

Last edited:
I'm just a few hours away over in Coeur D Alene. There are a number of cruisers over here in Spokane/CdA area, but nobody ever gets together. I've got a 71 FJ40, 87 FJ60 and 01 LX470.
@Borrego,
I was just in the Hayden Lake area a few weeks ago, and had a great time. It looks like you've got a lot of great places to go exploring in your rigs!

Hey Tim, glad you put the call out. I just officially joined mud after lurking for some time. I'm local in Wenatchee and have definitely spotted your sweet 40 series around town.
@Toddo,

Thanks for the kind words! I was really happy to finally be driving my Cruiser again this spring, after it had sat for too many years. Unfortunately, I've discovered issues with the rear differential, so I need to replace the pinion bearing before I can really drive it again.

Do you have a Cruiser? I've seen several around town, and would like to get to know the owners better.

Hey @tacoluver,
Good to hear from you! I don't seem to be getting notifications about posts here, so I apologize for not responding sooner.

How's progress on the 60 going? I see that you're putting an H55F in it -- very nice! I'd love a 5-speed for my 40.
Hey it coming along pretty well...go the new clutch and H55F in over the weekend...works great!!!

@Toddo,

Thanks for the kind words! I was really happy to finally be driving my Cruiser again this spring, after it had sat for too many years. Unfortunately, I've discovered issues with the rear differential, so I need to replace the pinion bearing before I can really drive it again.

Do you have a Cruiser? I've seen several around town, and would like to get to know the owners better.

That's too bad about the pinion bearing, are you going to just do the bearing or R&R the the whole diff?

This is my relatively new to me '94. Still going through it and taking care of small mechanical issues, cosmetics and deferred maintenance stuff. It's a pretty solid body that was in Eastern WA most of it's life.

That's too bad about the pinion bearing, are you going to just do the bearing or R&R the the whole diff?

I'm planning to just replace the bearings, if that's all that's wrong. I'm massively ambivalent about what I want to do with getting my gearing lower, so for now I'll just keep the differential the way it is... Assuming I don't HAVE to replace it!

Another CDA CruiserHead here. Would be interested in any trips, etc. Have a converted HDJ80, and a FJ45 which also is a diesel (still in metamorphosis).

@Toddo,

Hi, I have a 79 fj40 in Wenatchee. I’ve been driving it 25 years, daily driver for first 15, now my play and work vehicle. Mostly stock. Getting some rust cancer I need to fix. Original F2.

Hi, I have a 79 fj40 in Wenatchee. I’ve been driving it 25 years, daily driver for first 15, now my play and work vehicle. Mostly stock. Getting some rust cancer I need to fix. Original F2.
Greetings! Sounds like a great rig! What color is it? I wonder if I've seen you around.

Hey guys - I'm currently looking to relocate to Wenatchee. I grew up in Gig Harbor (Tacoma area), been down in the SF Bay for the past decade, and ready to get back up to the (dry side of the) PNW. I'm trying to get a handle on what the local area has to offer in regards to true 4x4 trails. I know there's plenty of National Forest and therefore service roads around, but what are the go-to trails for some decent difficulty? I'd love to connect in person once we hopefully make this move a reality.

Also, are any of you associated with the 4x4 club "High Country Cruisers"? I found it on the PNW4WDA website listed as one of the local clubs. It says a guy by the name of Dale Neuman is the point of contact. I look forward to getting to know you more!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom