New IFS Output Shaft Seal Tool - Absolute Wits End (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
I just ordered one of the new IFS Output Shaft Seal drivers from Absolute Wits End. While it may be a long time before I need it, I like to keep specialty tools like this around for a future project.

1622534398199.png

Yup saw this on Joey's Instafeed last night and thought it was interesting that it is the same outer lip that is utilized by multiple vehicles with different inner lip (diff side) diameters.

Yup saw this on Joey's Instafeed last night and thought it was interesting that it is the same outer lip that is utilized by multiple vehicles with different inner lip (diff side) diameters.

Nice tool. I have some Tacoma buds interested in it also.

Nice tool. I have some Tacoma buds interested in it also.
Yeah it is definitely a nice "club" tool if your club is smaller or more active.

Ha! You beat me to it. Thanks for posting. 🍺
We got you covered Joey... Go take care of your lady! Prayers and healing juju for you both.

Reviving this post due to some recent seal replacement activity in another thread. I received the seal and driver. They are a symbol of perfection.

Since usage is already being covered in @J1000 thread about Toyota IFS front axle seals, I want Joey to see that the tool also works on certain year Nissan axle seals.

The passenger side seal on certain Nissan models has a nightmare design for installing a new seal. Some models do not have a protective lip in the transaxle to keep the seal from being inserted too far. So a tap too far will send the seal flying into the transaxle.

Also the driver side (left) seal is larger. I suspect it will benefit from this tool as well.

This tool with a longer handle will work for those seals.

1625486601642.png

Here's where the tool can be used with the National 710118 seal in the picture above.

1625486747492.png

1625486882004.png

1625486791251.png

Had a customer yesterday contact me about this tool on his 100 series. He said the tool worked perfectly on one side but on the other side the seal driver wouldn't drive the seal down into the tube far enough because of a step in the tube. He was trying to set the seal all the way into the tube, like it was when that last shop touched it did. The problem? You aren't supposed to go past that lip. And its not very easy to get the seal perfectly aligned with the lip. But that's why this tool was developed. Its designed to ONLY go to that lip. Pushing the seal past the lip will typically result in premature leaking.

IMG_5254.JPG

IMG_5257.JPG

IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5262.JPG

I made my tool w/ PVC ages ago, in a pinch... but totally prefer/love having the "right" tool

Ok I added the link to the site but I'm going to be about two weeks until I can get to it so plan ahead:

In other news Timmy the Toolman did a freaking cool video on the seals and this tool in particular. They were working on a GX but its exactly the same for the 100 Series, Tundra, Tacoma, 4Runner, etc.

Does this come with a handle or does the handle need to be purchased separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom