New horn fix and a question about wiring… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like many before me, my horn dont work…I know its my “horn spring/pin” but I looked for a way to not take apart the steering wheel…so, I found a wireless horn button online…I enclse the info..any ideas on a good way to wire connect and mount this?

3DD14481-9AFA-4AEB-9A33-8A00C589E2E3.jpeg

You may as well get this one.

No wiring at all and you can clip it to your left mirror!

1673904603617.jpeg

Fix the proper horn contact spring thing - It needs to work. Otherwise you might as well get an endless air system, a big air tank, and mount a locomotive air horn to the top of the vehicle. :cool:

this wireless button I got activates the existing horn (which works) but avoids having to take the steering wheel apart etc which I dont wan to do…iit needs three wires from the Truck…+ and - 12v and one wire to the horn…It is a different solution from what is currently the solution discussed on the forum…I think its worth trying this different solution and was wondering if anyone would have thoughts on best way to hook it up?

The button can be anything? You could set it up as a footswitch near the top of the dead peddle.

I miss footswitches. And side vents.

Not sure what the benefit of being wireless is? It’s pretty easy to fix, just take the wire running to the steering column and run it through a switch that you mount on the dash?

That said, “taking the steering wheel apart” is one of the easiest jobs you can do… literally 3 minutes to get to the pin to fix it up. Much more stuffing around trying to install that module…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom