New GX owner looking for tips/thoughts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings everyone. My wife and I recently purchased a 2012 GX460 with 87,000 miles. I have had a set of Falken Wildpeaks put on, LT275/65R18, with just a hint of rubbing. A lift is in the future, along with all sorts of goodies.

My current dilemma is choosing wheels. The stock offset is 25mm. One wheel I am considering is 18mm, and another is near zero. What is the best choice for an 18? Also open to any suggested mods. Thanks for your time.

BTW, this is one of the coolest vehicles I've ever owned!

20200703_180529~2.jpg

Welcome to the club; truck looks sharp. If you’re looking at 18s I’d recommend the F sport wheels. Almost pulled the trigger on em. Which 25mm offset wheels are you looking at?

Welcome to the club; truck looks sharp. If you’re looking at 18s I’d recommend the F sport wheels. Almost pulled the trigger on em. Which 25mm offset wheels are you looking at?
25mm is the stock offset. We're considering the Method MR701, which only come in 18mm offset with the 18"/6x139.7 bolt pattern. The other is the Fuel Torque which can be had with 1mm offset or negative offset.

If I had sat on it a little longer, I would have waited on the tires and gone with 17s. BUT, the wife prefers the 18s....so yeah.

I’ve got a set of 17” FN Wheels five stars with 25mm offset but currently have Fuel Techs on and I forget the offset on them, 1mm offset maybe(???)

Methods seem to be fairly popular with the Toyota crowd so I don’t think you’d go wrong there. I take it you won’t be off-roading too much then with the 18s?

We'll do as much off roading as we can, but for now it is my wife's daily. Had it on some pretty rough forrest service roads in San Diego County, it did great. No real trails yet. The tires are a 32"x11", so way better than stock.

Maybe I could justify some 17s with hybrid/mud tires, and keep the OEM wheels and Wildpeaks for road trips?

Thanks for the info man!

Welcome to the club. The F Sport wheels are sharp. I almost pulled the trigger them but wanted to go with 17’s. You should check out some TRD Pro wheels from a 4Runner. They bolt right on with no spacers or mods. I’m running BFG KO2’s in 265 70 17 on Black TRD Pros with no mods.
04F2D19B-086B-4236-84AA-8F4C20546565.jpeg

Welcome to to the group......now get your wallet out

Although I went to Fuel 17's..they fit perfect with a 7 offset & 5 Back space

link is for the 18's.......going to 17's...buying five is a big bite..like $2800 in my case

I would have skipped the TPMS but its my wife's DD

cO0T8bC.jpg

nkkTgPB.jpg

Welcome to to the group......now get your wallet out

Although I went to Fuel 17's..they fit perfect with a 7 offset & 5 Back space

link is for the 18's.......going to 17's...buying five is a big bite..like $2800 in my case

I would have skipped the TPMS but its my wife's DD

cO0T8bC.jpg

nkkTgPB.jpg
Yeah, there was a disturbance in the force when I told my wife how much wheels and tires would be, especially after I just bought 5 Wildpeaks for the 18s.

Curious, what are you using to hold the spare?

Welcome to the club. The F Sport wheels are sharp. I almost pulled the trigger them but wanted to go with 17’s. You should check out some TRD Pro wheels from a 4Runner. They bolt right on with no spacers or mods. I’m running BFG KO2’s in 265 70 17 on Black TRD Pros with no mods.View attachment 2368102
That is a good looking vehicle. Are you rocking the F sport grill?

Reactions: xlx
Yes, the F Sport grill fits right in. It’s already blacked out. I did a black mat vinyl on all the chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom