New Goodyear MTR Kevlar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

None. It was "suggested" you run them with the white letters out.

Trying to make my mind up... I've run two sets of old MTR, one set of MTZ, BF mud, BF AT, and still wish i had more thread left on MTRs. Seems like its a winner here in norway. It's outstanding in the winter, and thats what i need, i hate having two sets. the transition between summer and winter also last like a year, so i really like the MTR's.
I do however not like the new kevlar design or look, but if they perform street and offroadwise like the old one, summer and winter, i'll love them.
I'm also leaning towards the MT MTZ, but they are just to damn expensive here, and score less in icy conditions.
Looking forward to hear some more feedback on theese. i'll be running 35's.

I've got these too - I had the old style in the P-metric size for 33's and now I've got the new version in 315/75/16 (34.5")

I never minded the tread noise on-road of the old style, but the new ones are even quieter.

I rotated my tires front -back on a routine basis with the old ones, so I never had excessive cupping, real minor but again I was fine with the noise.

New ~35" were installed in late march, so no real time on wet streets or frozen anything yet - but they are great in the dirt/light mud - I've only been in thicker mud, not soupey stuff & they seemed to clear out enough to continue biting any not just packing up and then spinning.

Dry street noise is fine by me - and they seem to give good feedback "squeel sound" when you are pushing it on pavement either turning or braking.

Once I get some real milage I'll post about treadwear rate & even-ness, too new to know anything really yet.

Mine were the black letters both sides, so no worries for anyone who cares about that stuff.

I got 4 of 'em from Discount tire (store, not internet) & price was $264 ea. - mounted & balanced with new stems.

Treadlife? Negative affect on MPGs? I know the biggest negative on MPGs is that it's an LC but gotta try to save the precious few I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom