New (for me) 80-series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is definetly a trip. Never seen a Nightshadow Pearl look like that. Very unique if it actually isn't unpainted. Have you seen this thread?

Welcome to the club and good looking 80 despite the debate on the color, as long as you are happy that is all that matters.

Yup, just trying to get over the fact that he ignores the most obvious sign of a repaint: the car appears to be painted in a color that Toyota never laid down on an 80 series.

Last edited:
Yup, just trying to get over the fact that he ignores the most obvious sign of a repaint: the car appears to be painted in a color that Toyota never laid down on an 80 series.

Sorry, not ignoring it, but it's not obvious to me. It may have been previously repainted, but without first hand experience of exact colors offered, I can't be an expert on what may or may not have been done previous to me owning it. I know paint shops can blend colors pretty good, but I can't find any evidence of overspray, and I can see where the horizontal surfaces are a darker tint from sun fading compared to the sides.

Regardless, whether original or repaint, it's my vehicle, and I not going to loose any sleep over it.

If someone else wants to pay the big bucks, maybe we can send It to the FBI Crime Lab for analysis.

I got into landcruisers overseas as well. A brand new 2000 100-series in Yemen. Then some 80's in Kazakhstan. Finally bought an HDJ81 imported into Vancouver.

You know when it's the only vehicle the Beduoin would bother stealing it's gotta be good!

Last edited:
Previous owner was going to turn it into an overland rig, and had a dual battery installed with OEM tray. Not currently hooked up, as he found a 100-series to go that direction with.

View attachment 3241734View attachment 3241740
OP,
there are 2 small (screw?) holes on the right side (left side when sitting in the vehicle) that might be where the VIN model #, engine, color, trim, transmission and axle codes are located on a plate. Any idea what happened to the plate? The original color code would be on that plate.

KIMG0092.JPG

Goodbye old friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom