New FJ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe the New FJ Cruiser will be based on the Frame / Drivetrain of the new TOYOTA VIGO or FORTUNER ??

That wouldnt be such a Fat Monster SUV as expected.......... ;)

You guys are depressing me. This is really sick. Time to go buy another 80 and a 100 while their still around.

chuglife said:
the older styling is nice, but the 90's seem like more of a timeless look... and i like the turbo more than s/c

I agree, the SW20 (91-95) has it all over the AW11 (85-89), but for the go-kart-with-a-license-plate, the AW11 wins hands down. It is much more a vehicle you put on and wear, than a car you get in and drive.

Turbo is nice, and you get more outright power, but the SC is such a stoplight warrior. I never lose across an intersection, and if you catch a sportbike napping at the light, you can even beat those, until top of second, then it's over. :rolleyes:

Just make sure you tap the brakes before they blow by, that really pisses them.

firetruck41 said:
Isn't the mr2 going away?

Spyder, yes. There is some press being generated about a new model. But we haven't seen any MR2s on the news lately, or on Monster Garage or Pimp My Ride, so who really knows?

Riley said:
You guys are depressing me. This is really sick. Time to go buy another 80 and a 100 while their still around.

I know. I hate coming around here and reading this, because it just makes me look at the ads. For instance, yesterday, I came on here, read a little bit. After that, we went to look at a 60, and I'm buying it next weekend... :)

Damn you, IHMUDders, damn you all to hell.

Well, maybe next week...

:D

J.

Reading this could induce depression or we could speculate that Toyota sees J**p selling the sh*t out of the trail rated concept that the FJ will be the next bare bones platform for factory lockers and low ratio t-cases. We could only hope. But the fact that it will most likely be built along side the Taco in Cali the underpinnings will be similar, we probably won't see a solid front end or a locker:(. But I can dream can't I?

I don't think it will be anything close to a cheesy H2 type rig -we are talking Toyota here. I remember being totally disapionted w /the Tacoma when it came out and now it is one of my favorite Toys of all time. It wheels well in stock form and is comfortable to drive everyday.

My rant..

rustycruiser said:
God Bless Toyota, but God Damn them for what is about to happen.

Call in the black helicopters, but I again think that there is marketing involved. Every time between now and the debut of the FJ Cruiser that you see a Cruiser in print or on TV, I think that Toyota will have played a role somehow. It is their best interests to reintroduce the Land Cruiser to the mainstream market, and to foster the image of it’s toughness and heritage. And all for the grand plan to sell lots of ugly little boxes.

God damn you Toyota for ruining yet again that which was once a grand thing.

The Auto Section of our paper last week had an entire write-up about the history of the LandCruiser. I'm sure it was ran in a dozen papers, it wasnt' a Local story for sure, hmmm...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom