New FJ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heh heh, where you been? Glad to see you came over to the dark side.

I was up in Shelburne last month (unfortunately, not in the Cruiser). You guys have had some real wacky weather in the past year--hurricanes, 3' snow storms, etc--not your usual stuff.

No news on the new FJ. Probably can't afford one, probably wouldn't want one unless they made some changes.

I haven't see anything new...is it just me, or does it kinda look like a 55 from the back?

112_det03gal_toyfj2_z.jpg

112_det03gal_toyfj7_z.jpg

Tucker

fsusteve said:
Seen the 05 Mustangs? I'm not a Ford guy, but they rock as the kids say.

Looks like a mustang mounted a beemer and this is the end result

Does the top come off on that thing? Looks a little to concept carrish to me. The only true resemblence if the bezel anyway.

tucker, i think it's just you.

tucker74 said:
I donno man - closer than any other Cruiser...

128-2824_IMG.jpg
112_det03gal_toyfj7_z.jpg

Tucker

Come on man!! Looks more like the back of a CRV than a 55!!!

:D Seems that one trend today is to capitalize on brand recognition by giving a famous name to something new hoping that it will sell. Just one example would be the H2. GM based that "Hummer" on a K1500 platform, has nothing to do with the original H1, gave it some styling cues to get people to think that it does, and sell it as the ultimate 4WD. I would hate for the Land Cruiser marquee to fall into the same mistreatment...but I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later. My 1.5 cents.

no matter how many times i look at it, it just doesn't grow on me. maybe treeroot could photoshop it with some 38's and a different paint job...

Yeah, the weather has been really wicked. The hurricane (a class 2 that beat our butts up - can't imagine a class 4/5 like Florida, I don't think there would have been anything left). Then we got hit with 1.25 meters of snow (4 feet) and then it rainned all summer ... I had to go to Costa Rica to get some weather LOL.

So on that new FJ - the concept truck is ugly as sin (typical concept). Here is what I found on what it will likely be:

Dimensions and overall style will be much like this FJ concept but with a taller greenhouse and a different design relationship between the glass and the B-, C-, and D-pillars. It'll have real, full-size headlamps in place of the tiny notions shown here, and the styling of the profile, below the shoulderline, will be more conventional. We expect the concept's 20-inch wheels and tires to be replaced with better-fitting 18-inchers. Most other dimensions will remain about the same, including its 106.3-inch wheelbase, 170.9-inch overall length, and 75.6-inch overall width. The concept truck was shown with a Toyota Racing Development supercharged 3.4-liter V-6 making 250 horsepower, with four-wheel drive and a four-speed automatic. We expect the 2.7-liter/142-horsepower I-4 and 3.4-liter/190-horsepower V-6 to be engine options.

The production model will have more conventional styling, although mirror-mounted lights could remain.

It's likely the FJ will be built at the Toyota/GM NUMMI joint-venture plant (Tacoma, Pontiac Vibe) in California

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacck!

NOT THE PONTIAC VIBE!!! :D

sbolduc's description makes me think Rav4 with LC badging, how original :rolleyes: and from this description the styling changes will take away some of the key elements that were copied from the 40 in the first place (bezel and fenders).

what-ever, just get it in production so we can park our FJ40's on the new car lot to test drive and destroy a few of them. :bounce:

Deep South Cruisers said:
sbolduc's description makes me think Rav4 with LC badging

Actually more like a Tacoma with different body, which is cool because all the Tacoma aftermarket parts and TRD off road stuff should also be available. Doubt they will actually call it a Cruiser, but who knows...

I like the seats... bet they would stand up better to a good rain then freeze than foam cushioned ones do.
seats.JPG

I think that it will look more like a cruiser and will retain the bezel. I am certain they will release it as the FJ - why else would they have a special "Cruiser Heritage" page off their main site? Something is brewing. Following the success of the Beatle, Mini and so on.

I am still hopeful

sbolduc,
where did you find that info? That's pretty accurate except the engine and dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom