New drivetrain for my 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah have been all week. And remember, manual steering is not the same as non-functioning power steering.
My fittings to make a new high pressure line came in in just won't get to it till tomorrow...

1.5 year update... NV4500/203/splitcase still a pretty good combination.
I ditched my custom homebrew linkage shifters for an even more custom Northwest Fab cable shifter setup. A lot of work to make it function but it works pretty well.

Rebuilt the NV4500 again this summer fixing the 5th gear loss and the 4th gear grind, turns out I didn’t have a gear seated all the way on the mainshaft the first time I built it. Discovering this the second time around made assembly far easier.

A couple issues...
- NV4500’s 2nd and 3rd gear ratio split and deep overdrive are a little bit too much for a 3FE. Going from 4.11’s to 4.56 or 4.88 or smaller tires would fix this.

-NP203 pops out of high-range on deceleration when it’s cold, adjusted shifter which helped but not completely cured.
- splitcase has a bit of a main case leak.

Planned fix for problems #1 and #3 are Advance Adapter’s 4:1 low range transfer case gears, they make the high range a 10% underdrive to fit the bigger low gear. I’ll also obviously reseal the transfer ass while it’s apart.

Other then that I’ve put a couple off-road trips and a lot of road miles it. It crawls good.

B7E694AF-C974-487D-A0A9-B21E011A7EF3.jpeg

2AE42E8B-B546-43C3-9F7C-D7A698C685B3.png

BAA707B9-F6CA-4CD1-8152-8A249063574D.jpeg

Glad you got the 62 back up and running. Next time I will find the time and be your passenger.

Glad you got the 62 back up and running. Next time I will find the time and be your passenger.

Good to see her back on the road and doing what she was built to do..:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom