New CSC Member #525 Vincenzo Undiemi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome our new member (@Vincenzo ) to CopperStateCruisers .

Vincenzo has both a 1983 FJ60 and a 1972 FJ40.

Please tell us more about yourself and your trucks,

Steve

Greetings all,

My wife and I just relocated to the Phoenix area from Houston (goodbye humidity). We are both healthcare workers in our 40's the girls have left for college and now it time to live in an area with good weather, local beer and outdoor activities.

Currently looking to meet other cruiser fans (we are renting a home in the Surprise area) and learn to do some trailing, nothing extreme, we want to enjoy the scenery in the area. We have no experiencing trailing, cant be to hard, I think.

Currently have an 72 FJ40 and 83 FJ60. Sold the 89 4Runner (still kicking myself for that one, the garage would only fit 2 vehicles).

Both cruisers were bought modified, I only changes the front bumper on the 60.

FJ60 - 4BTA Cummins/Torque Splitter/Toyota 4spd/xfer case. SOA with 33's. 166k. Vehicle has only lived in TX and NM all its life. PO owned it for 8 years and did all the work. Needs a couple of thing like interior dome lights not working, rear wiper INOP. Leaf springs are flat, don't know if that is normal with SOA, I've seen pictures of a few like that.

1567094119901.png

72 FJ40 - GM 242cid/4l60e/Toy xfer. Bought it the way it looks below (was cheap). Was a frame off, frame was blasted, new suspension/disc brakes/saginaw steering. Have every component once the body is done including Vintage air. Only thing I need is the fiberglass top, was not able to transport it back when we drove to Mississippi to get it.

I've been slowly stripping the old paint from most of the panels to bare metal. There was rust - driver floor, left quarter, left wheel well, rear floor all replaced. Have the other body components, just need to learn to weld. Did buy a Hobart 140 just for this, but haven't had time to practice with the move. Any welders on the West side that likes to drink beer and feel like teaching, I know a volunteer :bounce:

We move into our new construction home in about 6 months and it will have a 48' RV garage - plenty of room to play. Thinking about a lift....It'll make life easier

1567096052902.png

89 4runner sold...was fun, had a bit of rust on 3 of 4 fenders. Not the best set-up with 3VZE/auto.

1567097138631.png

fj40 and 60's parts mecca

this guy Tim Hill has a lot of 60's parts but even more 40's parts including several complete tops. all on 1 acre in marana

Welcome aboard! That 60 is cleeeeeaaannnnnn,

Welcome aboard! That 60 is cleeeeeaaannnnnn,
Thank You, I have to give credit to the PO. It does need a few things here an there, but overall it is pretty clean.

Anyone out on the west side, Surprise area?

Nice lineup, welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom