New cruiser - Lexus LX570 at New York Autoshow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder when the Land Cruiser will (officially) debut? I am not blown away by the Lexus, but until I see it in person I really can't be 100% sure if I like or dislike. In the meantime, I am going to start looking for a silver '07 LC/LX...I know I like the Range Rover looks wise, but the reliability issue is a factor considering the nearest LR dealership is 150 miles from where I live. The Lexus just seems to have too much "goop" for my taste. The Range Rover is just classy in a way the Lexus just cannot match. However, the Lexus/Toyota's reliability factor does mean quite a bit !! :cheers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2001 UZJ100-- Champagne Pearl--- 63K
1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---131K
1991 Range Rover Classic-- Ardennes Green---63K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---17.6K

Yeah the 2008 has the feel as if Toyota has jumped the shark. I can belive the LC they roll out, in particular, for the Aussie market will be a bit more tough. But in general I think the sheet metal will be the same... and its all those bubbly curves that bother me. I like the boxy truck look... Land Rover still has some of that.

What is this LX570 of which you speak? Know anyone who'd want to hook it up with my Ram and see which one pulls better? Where can I find pictures of the 570LX thingy??

:grinpimp:

I think it looks like a CRV from the back. the gradual sloping of the windows and back make it look more mini van like. The bumper design look like more of the car (sedan) rather than a truck. You damage those bumpers and you might as well replace the whole front/back end. They should have called it an AWD luxury mini van. It would have been easier to get in if they put sliding side doors.

What is this LX570 of which you speak? Know anyone who'd want to hook it up with my Ram and see which one pulls better? Where can I find pictures of the 570LX thingy??

Then we can drive to town with 5 adults and three kids, and see which one has seatbelts for all of them, and then parallel park in an average parking space.

Then we can drive to town with 5 adults and three kids, and see which one has seatbelts for all of them, and then parallel park in an average parking space.

I can fit 6 up front, 15 in the bed with no one wearing seatbelts and passing beers thru the rear slider, and then push your beater out of it's parking space, crumpling it like a tincan into the other Ram in front of it and get a standing ovation for doing so because you took up 3 spots trying to not get a door ding all the while getting better fuel economy than you. :grinpimp:

Wow, that's one long ass sentence. Fxxx me. :flipoff2:

I thought the new cruiser was going to show up at the New York show too.

Damn. I just got out of my FJ62, parked it next to my UZJ100. Now I just looked at the new LX570 :)crybaby: :mad: :crybaby: :mad: )......Is nothing sacred !! God I hate runningboards, spoilers, all that crap Lexus just loves to put on their SUV's !! When I bought my 100, i had the salesman take it back to "make ready" and yank the f****ng runningboards off as fast as possible..To his dismay, the sales guy asked me.."you don't like runningboards"? :cheers:

1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---130K
1991 Range Rover Classic SWB-- Ardennes Green---63K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---17.7K

Last edited:
not sure how anyone is going to put an ARB bull bar with that integrated bumper.

I asked myself the same question when I first saw the Hilux Vigo.

When there's a will, there's always a way...
Picture 2.jpg

Looks sweet! You are all just bitching because you either don't want to, or can't, pay for it.

It's just a reworked 100 as far as i can see.

Looks sweet! You are all just bitching because you either don't want to, or can't, pay for it.

It's just a reworked 100 as far as i can see.

Pretty sure I can afford it, just not too sure about its looks. As others have said...Looks like a supersized Highlander !!
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---131K
1991 Range Rover Classic-- Ardennes Green---63K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---17.6K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom