Builds NEW Cruiser buggy - Sunray Engineering (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

500 miles for me....I'd love to...but....

we will be wheelin Attica the 23rd of July already, and pullin off two long trips on consecutive weekends wouldn't be easy....

pop up a week early, we'll get yer rig warmed up :D

Are the steering knuckle assemblies still super-ultra-secret?

Tigerstripe40 said:
Are the steering knuckle assemblies still super-ultra-secret?

Coming to a magazine near you soon.......

1610 Ujoints, 45* steer, 46 spline.

Makes a D60 look like a D30!

wngrog said:

How about 315#'s..... wet........with steering and brakes.........

Oh, and it all fits inside a 17" /4.5"BS double beadlock!!!!

Jimbro

wngrog said:

We need a smiley with the jaw dropping to the floor....
:eek:

Looking forward to seeing it in person at the ROC, WeRock Columbus event. I am sure Jimbro is getting close, and the weather will be awesome. Anybody in Columbus? Hooters on Main Friday night after 5.

WOW! Great job on this thing! The pictures aren't even close to a good look at all the fabrication and painstaking work these guys did.

Met Jim, think was enjoying himself but lost track of him throughout the day. The classes were split so that we were always on oppsite ends of the course. It's coming home with a few new "beauty marks", one roll was sweet, hope somebody got video. He was exiting a downhill into a crack and right where several others had rolled forward on their lids, he pulled off the "Sunray" and it spun around and landed on all fours heading back the oppiste direction. NIce job Jim!

His hood will look mine soon.........................

Oh yeah, NOTHING else there turned as sharply!

Only pic I can find....the old guy is in pain from that landing :eek:
jima2.jpg

really careful not to give away those knuckles eh.

I looked through the entire thread and I must say nice work, nice rig and boy ohh boy you guys got talent.

I know Comp stuff is comp stuff, weight is essential. As for strong parts on a stock cruiser I ask you what isn't strong? It is a stronger trcuk than most if not all!! IMO

Axles, frame, transfercase, tranny, motor (preferably a diesel), body (2mm thick body panels) making more of a tank then a competition rock crawler. Ya can't find much other than Toyota Gauges wrong with a Land Cruiser.

I love the rig, and I'm sure it will do crazy good, but in all honesly you should put a Blazer or Jimmy emblem on it!!!

Eric Winkworth said:
I love the rig, and I'm sure it will do crazy good, but in all honesly you should put a Blazer or Jimmy emblem on it!!!

Damn Eric, this has been hashed out over and over.........the guy is as dedicted a Cruiser Nut as you, stanch supporter and member of TLCA and LSLC......so WTF would he consider sticking anything other than a Cruiser emblem on it?
Besides that there is not one part on here common to a Blazer or a Jimmy..............cept the 4L60E

So how did Jim do in the comp???????????
:confused: :confused:
Butch

Eric Winkworth said:
put a Blazer or Jimmy emblem on it!!!

More like Corvette!

Man, I bet Jim wished Eric had been around during the planning stage.

An 800# 3B pushing 97hp would be killer on those verticals!

wngrog said:
Man, I bet Jim wished Eric had been around during the planning stage.

An 800# 3B pushing 97hp would be killer on those verticals!

Too damn funny!!!

Erik-

Miss this area??

https://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

What was the point of talking about the virtues of stock Toyota components in a section that is not about stock vehicles? Further, what is with complementing those that have built this, only to make a bull**** sideways comment on what type of badge or name it should have on it?

:rolleyes:

Sweet ride Jim! Glad that you are out using your new toy! Hope you are having a blast with it! Hope to see that thing in person sometime soon!

:beer: :beer:

Good luck!

-Steve

wngrog said:

okay i saw it in petersens 4wheel and offroad.

now post close ups! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom