New chopper build with Buel powerplant. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have asked to buy this for several years from a buddy as it has sat in the same spot as long as I can remember. Well, I got the call that it's going to be dropped off..... I'm not in the position to purchase, let alone start another project. But hey, he insisted. I can buy it, or build it and pay him what he wants if I retail it Ok, win, win for me.

Powered by a late model Buel and the donor bike comes with. Currently a hard tail, not sure if I'm ok with that.

I really dig the single sided swing arms with a monster rear tire. Would like no chrome, tail lights grafted into rear fender, all wiring hidden inside frame. Speedo custom inlay by Redline gauge works, low with low seat height and comfortable seated position, aggressive stance and sinister looking. So I'll been to do some serious reading to build what's in my mind and have no knowledge of.

I've owned sport bikes all my adult life and no longer feel need to ride like I used to, plus leathers don't look flattering when you 30#'s over.

So if you have any wisdom, please toss it out there as I'd love to learn. It would be a great build this fall.

Side note, a close friend owns GP Suspension, so having the best technology in forks and rear shock setup money can't buy will be on this.

Any good build sites, parts suppliers or forums you now of, please post up.

Best,

Shane.

image-3926546040.jpg

It is a 2002 Buell Cyclone M2 1200.

Here's some pics of what it could look like.

image-1592497821.jpg

image-3873637923.jpg

image-2634051145.jpg

Sounds like an interesting build up.
What kind of HP and torque does the Buell V twin make?

I'd opt for some kind of rear suspension - your butt will thank you. One of the most well known hard tails was Rourke's Harley in Harley and the Marlboro Man. You can search for writeups on the ride that that bike provided. Otherwise, party on. That Buell motor will kick my Dyna's ass. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom