New Bumpers and Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am pretty sure that I would fail safety and emissions here in Utah, but I will look into it.

I doubt it. I'm in commiefornia and pass easily. That section has nothing to do with safety or emissions.

Ordered my DC Fab rear bumper last Thursday.

Donald and Dallas were very helpful at answering all my questions and I am super excited to get it. Only bummer is that they have so much work right now, it won't be done for 3 to 4 weeks.

Any chance you could email me these pics of crossmember removal. I am in process of the install on my truck and couldnt get a hold of Dallas today assuming due to the holiday. jorelkilcullen@gmail.com

jkilcullern,

I sent you what I got from Dallas and Donald.

So, the four things I believe you need to do are: remove spare tire carrier, cut resonator off, cut crossmemeber off, notch frame at bottom corner on both sides (1" up and 1" back triangle).

Let me know if you find any "gotchas" that I should be looking out for.

Good luck!

Hey all! This is a very old thread, but I figured I would ask….

I recently came across one of these rear bumpers, and have loved having it.

The swing arm was a little loose so when I pulled the cap to tighten it up, the bearing inside was toast, and actually fell apart when I pulled it out.

By chance, does anyone know the measurements on the bearing so I can replace it?

Thanks for any help!

9861F42A-14F1-4EEC-B87C-E4115040F6D2.jpeg

8D73989C-4122-4E22-A38D-08AE80CD0A4B.jpeg

Hey all! This is a very old thread, but I figured I would ask….

I recently came across one of these rear bumpers, and have loved having it.

The swing arm was a little loose so when I pulled the cap to tighten it up, the bearing inside was toast, and actually fell apart when I pulled it out.

By chance, does anyone know the measurements on the bearing so I can replace it?

Thanks for any help!

View attachment 2892801

View attachment 2892802
Pick up the pieces and look for a part number.

No idea. I think this builder is long gone…

I have the same rear bumper and actually need to get my swingouts apart and regrease the bearings in mine too. I'll try and do that this week and get a measurement for you.

Pic for camaraderie:
2022-01-23 13_56_58-2021-01-16 11.29.01.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg

Kennyg, did you use 2 sets of races and bearings for the one swingout, or just 1?

Just one. The swing out has a gig plastic insert that the race rests on.
KennyG, I’m working on my swing outs this week and those castle nuts are huge! 37mm is what I measured. Where did you find a socket that big or did you get them out another way. I can’t even find castle. It’s in the 37mm flavor online.

KennyG, I’m working on my swing outs this week and those castle nuts are huge! 37mm is what I measured. Where did you find a socket that big or did you get them out another way. I can’t even find castle. It’s in the 37mm flavor online.
Grab a punch and tap it loose! You would need a super thin wall socket to get that to work. Just make sure its tight enough when you get everything re-assembled.

Also, if you are using a press and installing new races, Make sure to remove the plastic bushing before pressing. Mine is now slightly deformed.

Cheers!

Grab a punch and tap it loose! You would need a super thin wall socket to get that to work. Just make sure its tight enough when you get everything re-assembled.

Also, if you are using a press and installing new races, Make sure to remove the plastic bushing before pressing. Mine is now slightly deformed.

Cheers!
That's how I got it out. I need to pull out the 3 arm puller to get the arm off the spindle. I was just hoping this was a standard sized castle nut. It sounds like it's not. I can make due. Thanks for the reply!

That's how I got it out. I need to pull out the 3 arm puller to get the arm off the spindle. I was just hoping this was a standard sized castle nut. It sounds like it's not. I can make due. Thanks for the reply!
Yeah getting it off the spindle was a work out. Took a lot of swinging and pulling to get it off. Also had the help of a floor jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom